Sunday, February 15, 2009

简单爱

简单爱

Its one of the new songs that I am learning and I like the melody part. Now at intermediate level of Guitar and each lesson learning about 1.5-2 songs. Finally I got hold of the mp3 tracks and will be listening to them to perfect the playing. Have to work on singing along as I play cos that was something I'm weaker in and the fact that I dun really sing along when I am playing. Focused alot on just playing the song well.

Listening to the lyrics of this song, it sounds simple and happy. A simple love, a simple feeling of happiness, simple actions bringing peace and such. For me, it inspires me to think of 简单生活 cos things often get hard and one becomes unhappy over the complication and feelings generated. Sometimes just chug everything aside to focus on what's really important. To me, that'll be family, friends and myself.
________________________________________________

Yesterday's Valentine's Day for the singles is held at FH's place for the 3rd year running. Instead of eating KFC like usual, we decided to get our hands dirty and cook instead. I decided on pasta cos its rather easy, a main meal plus the time consuming part was just the slicing and dicing of ingrediants to add to the sauce. Candle was cooking fried chicken pieces and prawn fritters. FH not to be outdone, experimented with Honey Mustard, chicken, omelette and wholemeal sandwiches.

To make the task simpler, cos knew beforehand that FH's kitchen is rather unused hence he doesnt have most stuff in a kitchen. Hence around 3pm, I seasoned the minced meat, cut up garlic, cubed 2 large onions and 2 carrots. So what's left is just to use oil to cook them up, given that using a bottled Pasta sauce. The onions and carrots are to add veg to the otherwise rather carbo, protein minced meat pasta.

Its a joy to cook something nice for family and friends. At least that's something that I am gradually discovering when I foray to try cooking different dishes. Hope to try something new soon. Maybe move onto the next soup.

BUT its a classic case of many cooks in a small kitchen, each using a stove and a pot to cook the dish but we managed to carry it off without burning the house down and later sat down for a filling dinner around 8.30pm.

Then after dinner, we watched House Bunny and Ip Man dvds I rented just before heading out to meet them. House bunny is funny and very light on the brains. Ip Man has certain good elements that makes it a memorable movie. Midway we made our own ice kachang courtesy of Candle's ice maker. Quetzal joined us when we just started watching Ip Man. After that its talking crap plus going rounds of foot massage using FH's more upmarket foot massage machine.

We left around 1.40am+ and I reached home around 2++ Didnt really look at my watch though. The cab fare quite expensive but given nowadays I dun sit cabs as often plus given the occasion and the lateness of the timing, its alright.
______________________________________________

This morning, we headed to Hong Xin the famous dian xin place cos my mom wanted to treat my sister for her bdae. We went to a nearby temple there and then walked over. Its in the Clark Quay area vicinity though not that near. So didnt go to gym cos by the time, I woke up, it was just in time to wash up and change then head out.

After eating, think ate too much fried dian xin at one go, the mouth felt very ni. Kept downing tea to clear the taste. Cos the steamed dian xin took a while to make its rounds to us. We headed back after by cab around 1.30pm and I sat on the bed to practice guitar, partly to digest the food, partly also I just want to play more guitar. Then fell asleep until 6pm.

Woke up and went online. I havent gone to the gym yet today, but later in the evening, both sisters are going swimming. I asked them to pull me along so that I WILL go to the gym.
______________________________________________
Con'd

I went to the gym, though by the time I reached there, there is half an hour left before closing. But I still went ahead, doing cardio, treadmill and the slider for almost half an hour. Man based on the machine, I used 170 calories. That is the equivalent of a 500ml bottle of sweetened drink be it soft drink or non carbonated. Given I have to work out so hard, sweating like fountains just to lose 170 calories. I think I WILL reconsider everytime I reach out for a non-water drink. Also think will try to up the cardio workout to 2 times a week plus one time weights either at gym or home. Lemme resolve my will to carry out this plan and evaluate results in a months time, 15th March.

I headed to buy Toto, 4D I'll buy on Tuesday or Wednesday then. Then I headed to the supermarket. Cos I gopped my mom's 2 carrots for the pasta. Buy replacements, also shun bian buy Bran cereal, low fat milk and low calorie musslie bars to help with meal regularity for breakfast everyday and late dinners esp on Wed and Fri.

A simple way to pass a simple day.

No comments: