Monday, February 09, 2009

Night of the Blue Moon

Serious BLUE MOON PHENOMENON that even I am surprised by myself.

Not only had I finished a damn bloody long hectic day intact, crap I hate Mondays and mid-week cos of the very heavy days, I managed to reach home and finish up an outstanding admin deadline plus had dabaoed back 2 stacks of worksheets to mark and ACTUALLY marked 1.5 of them without falling asleep very early due to exhaustion.

Tomorrow I am NOT going to do that. I will try to use my free periods to clear off other outstanding work so that I can ride upon the time saved from marking this 2 stacks to finish up others so that ALL can be cleared in a swoop.

Hope tom I can finish EVERYTHING.
_____________________________________________

Wanted to continue from the previous earlier post about doing things one like, really want versus work.

Today tio a very STUPID thing from work (I shall not divulge now, ask me personally), that I am seriously considering about the 'STAYING ON' aspect. Maybe its just a lousy day. Maybe not. Wonder how much more crap can one handle, things one never hears about or rather the Idiotic notion that just cos one transplants something from another organization/content into Education/Admin, its a new thing altogether and hence by virtue of that, it is a good and sound practice that should be kept in place, where in fact, its RIDICULOUS from a normal person perspective but cos many have been in the system too long, they themselves dun realize it. I would much prefer the life of a relief/adjunct. It seems so so much simpler.

A sort of counting down, with drinking celebration to mark the end of this servitude. Options are still being considered, though with more of such crap churning out from a flawed system, one wonders how long can one endure without turning into a numbed individual.
___________________________________________

This year's full scale foray into Stocks had come with mixed results in line with the recessionary stock market. I have realized 2 gains, via 2 transactions to sell but mainly I am still buying into stocks given the prices are falling and some counters have really become under-valued and cheap compared to their prices just 6 months/ 1 year ago. I just wish I have MORE CAPITAL so that can buy more. Not a good idea to overinvest cos as many analyst say, the worst is yet to come.

BUT for me, I observe the historic price chart and note that certain worthy companies have really fallen until their historic low. Unless a new historic low is created, its already dirt-cheap in that aspect. Of course, need to check up the nature of the biz cos for some the dirt-cheap price is due to POOR PERFORMANCE consistently so that from its IPO prices, its been going down ALL the way to its historic low. My sister is going the Warren Buffet formula way, my Dad is going the Technical Analyst plus Economics way. Me is going my historic price chart plus land value way. We shall see the score by the end of the year, or a couple of years.

So most counters, since I am still buying and have not sold much, so is mainly invested and in for the ride. Given the market jitters, quite a few are falling, though there are gainers cos of the mixed portfolio. As price fluctuates daily and so the Portfolio view in POEMS the amounts vary, sometimes I find it affects the mood. Feeling good as investment gains, feeling anxious when investment loses. Sometimes I really wish the days can go by faster cos when prices are rising/falling, its always not enough rise/fall in a day. Usually have to wait for a week or more for prices to climb up and go down until your target buy/sell price. Its like now IRONICALLY I wish for the day to come quickly so that I can observe and make decisions or for the days to pass quickly so that can see the outcome of certain decisions, price trends etc etc. Its a good daily ticker to get through the days/weeks.

No comments: