Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Toto Draw 10m, have you bought your hope yet?

Guess this entry will mainly be about Toto and 4D.

I have this excel file which I keep to track my 4D and Toto expenditure. Looking back the first foray, it was 2nd March 2007. That time I remembered that I was on mc. Was sick and tired of working (ironically that was only into my 9th month of actual work after graduating from NEI) Since I had not decided to start monitoring the stock market, only started that in August 2007 but sat at the sidelines cos the market is very overpriced. I just decided to buy my hope. It worked to give me something to look forward to weekly. There's Toto on Monday and Thursday. There's 4D on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

Since then until now, I have bought weekly dilligently. Tio a few times in 4D. Looking at the cumulative amount spent, err in thousand region. I made losses in Toto but earn in 4D. Cumulatively still got earn. Though with this dry spell recently, means this surplus is dwindling.

Now Toto and 4D dun give me something to look forward to. Somehow that effect wore off by the middle of 2008 but it has served the purpose to get me through 2007 which was a difficult year due to very heavy workload then.

Now again the 10M Ang Bao draw is here. Like my former accounts teacher whom I quote "I am buying a Hope" which now I will expand to "I am buying a Hope that I wont have to work so hard for a living and have my time, energy and health returned to me." Have you bought your hope yet? Of course I am not throwing in all my savings. Maybe I do buy more than my usual for this ang bao draw. But hey, I am very human anyway, and I bet many are buying alot also. All having the Toto Dream.

Eventually I will stop buying. I continued buying cos of the sinseh telling me got money luck in 2008 and now 2009. Think if 2010 is not a good year, either stop or buy very very small. But to get the slightly bigger banana payout, will have to endure until end of 2010. Guess I'll still be using 4D and Toto as a sort of weekly milestone to get me through.

No comments: