Thursday, October 07, 2010

Cold and creamy pudding with banana n wafers

Copied a recipe for an easy pudding that is cold and creamy and topped with bananans n some vanilla wafers. So after talking, checking stuff online and then a delicious lunch of curry fish head at ginza, I started after students were dismissed.

It's pretty easy to make. The only thing about it is the lack of mention of the no of servings for the portions I was making. Then after it's combined, it's a bit too liquidy, so meant have to chill. No mention of chiller or freezer. Due to time constraint, I put 2 in the freezer to see how they hold up. The rest I put in the chiller.

I made 8 bowls and 4 each using 2 diff types of vanilla wafers. Wanted to see if the block type or the long thin cigar type matches better. So I took out the one with the block. Interestingly, the texture turns to ice-cream style. And I had tasted it before chilling, too sweet... But too liquidy. After freezing, it tastes better, can tasted the banana cos it's put in and then chilled. Think it's good enough without the wafers. Think need to freeze a bit longer, put more sliced bananas and maube just use one long vanilla to garnishjust b4 serving.
After eating the first proto-type, I was writhing from the sweetness. The other proto-type I kept in the freezer for tomorrow.

I noted that the other 6 bowls remain liquidy despite 2 over hours in the chiller. It meant that unless I want to serve tomorrow, otherwise I should put into the freezer. I didn't want to bring back home. Partly nobody eating plus mom and dad shouldn't be eating this... So with an hour to spare before it's time for me to go home, I chilled the 6 and then brought it downstairs. Collegues were marking, and not so much of it to pass around, so I just put on the table and then return the tray. Dunno if anyone would eat. Think they would. So I returned the tray, left one more to see how it fares after it's mostly frozen solid, see if it can hold or is too hard, etc etc.

After all these, the curry fish head and the bowl of cold and creamy vanilla pudding eith banana n vanilla wafers. I felt too full. After work, I headed home, tired. Took a nap of 50mins and woke up to head to gum around 7.30pm. Didn't do any leg exercise cos knee caps still crackling, sore. Did stomach and arms plus stretch. Came home then ate dinner.

Resting up after dinner. Going to bath and sleep earlier. Partly cos I want to clear some checking of files tomorrow. I be 'free' the whole day. So want to clear that first then going to continue to check the other proto-type. Won't be cooking. See if all the tasks I have to do tomorrow doesn't occupy all the hours, I would consider asking for the use of the guitar again. Work before play, so can play in peace and no guilt. Plus no last minute pile-up of work to clear. Less stress this way. Think that's a good plan to stick to.

No comments: