Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally...

Headed to the first gym session this week. Last week only went once plus delayed until mid-week meant that I've broke the 7-day break between a routine. Felt way way weaker. Only did one set for the free weights. Think I have to build up my fittness level again.

Its great to finally make myself go to gym. Because of the gym reduction, I attribute my tighter pants, weight gain, fall in energy level, rise in crankiness and grouses to it, less patience and less smiley. So after the gym, suddenly my state of well-being went up. Feeling accomplished and brain not thinking of anything work-related. Think I really NEED to keep up at least twice a week. Otherwise I would morph back into a grumpy, tired and impatient educator.

Finally picked up the dusty guitar after almost a month of not even touching it. Watched a you-tube for "I dont want to live on the moon" by Burt in Sesame street. Printed out the guitar chords and inspired to try. Then wiped off the dust from the guitar and tuned it before practising. Slightly better when I looked at the previous lesson BUT there are still many parts I dont understand. It doesnt sound like what I heard... argh felt my irriation meter rising. Practiced the basic but still nowhere near playing the song.... so decided to take a break. Otherwise, I might just ignore the guitar again for weeks...

Think a break is good. Though it didnt mean I wasnt thinking about guitar. But sometimes forcing oneself to do something kills the passion and interest. So the breather is welcome. Same for assignment, glad next week is the last one. I am going to take several weeks off first.

Plan to pick up the gym and guitar routine and continue on. There's still 9 more weeks of work to go... That's almost a full MOE term... body still not used to that. The lack of exercise meant my stamina also lowered...

So many incentives to exercise, I just have to and this is one exception to 'taking a breather'. This exercise routine really have to persist.

No comments: