Friday, October 15, 2010

Mini maple pancake - plain with maple syrup & chocolate chips

I gradually brought all the ingredients I bought to put at a corner in the prep room in the kitchen at workplace. Knowing today, I have enough free time to start cooking, I brought the fresh ingredients over, eggs and butter.

Today's agenda is to make mini-pancakes from scratch, flour, baking soda, powder, milk, egg, butter and maple syrup. Then instead of using a griddle to cook, bake for abt 8mins in the oven. Had enough to make 3 batches.

First try prototyping batch I baked too long so it's a bit dry.Cos I don't really eat pancakes to know what is the exact texture. Is it supposed to be crispy, hard, soft, moist? Later my local collegues told me should be soft and moist... So shorten timing and try out remaining batter from first batch with chocolate chips sprinkled. I ate one and it's moist and soft and the chocs were hersheys semi-sweet so it taste good.

Then made 2 more batches, one is with chocolate chips generously mixed in, the other is plain but can dip in maple syrup. Then after they are done, I took 7 of them back home. The rest I arranged on 2 plates and with a small bowl with generous maple syrup, brought down for collegues.

Personally I prefer the plain ones, it has some maple syrup in the batter already and looks n taste okay by itself but once it's dipped generously with maple syrup, very light tasting. The choc chips are good enough to eat by itself. Can't taste the maple syrup even when dipped with maple syrup. The choc chips are not that sweet, so it taste good too. Learnt that if there's lots of chips, it enhances the taste. Wouldn't mind eating this version too.

When I brought it down, there werea few collegues standing around and they dug in. High praises, I was too full after sampling 3 of the plain ones and 1 choc chip from the 1st batch. Had a delicious lunch at Thai express. The pineapple rice set is good. Enjoy the tapioca too. Really really too full from all these. I just ate my dinner. Try to eat normally.

It's already 7.36pm, really hard to dig myself out... Just settle for animes and relax and sleep. Tomorrow I better control the ice-cream buffet at the Udders course... :( little wonders my weight is still going up n down....

No comments: