Friday, October 01, 2010

Guitar practice

Due in part to a hectic schedule with gym, assignment and also tiredness, I haven't really practised much. It'll be good if I manage to practice once a week. Sometimes I go for nil for two weeks. Then when lessons resume, my fingers were so out of practice... So didn't want to lag behind but trying hard to squeeze time n energy to practice at home. On days with gym or assignment, either reach home so tired or 11pm plus that it's too late to even be playing an instrument.

Today, is my lightest day. I also cleared the upcoming activity, no last minute need of activities. So I am free for at least 4 hrs. To be fair, I was 'called' by the new collegue to discuss the lesson next week where I would be working with her for the first time. 1 collegue left due to husband going back Japan so family has to follow. In came 2 new collegues whom I have to work with on both the levels I am doing plus also that weekly solo lesson.

Like what my counterpart says "新官上任,三把火", aka super-on. So poor me. She is not that affected, only that weekly lesson thingy. I have 3 fires, she 1 only... So I sat down with the new collegue only for her to tell me basically the lesson flow... Nothing much concrete, well at least not asking me to make any activities. Oh well, hope for the best.

As my other collegue is away due to personal reason, I didn't have a place to hide nor did I prepare anything to cook. Brought my guitar sheets and intend to ask another foreign collegue if I might borrrow the use of an acoustic guitar to practice. He's nice and helped me tune one. Then I used the studio to practice in peace. Only had to switch off lights and air con when I am done. Managed to put in about 1.5hrs and fingers are not pain, the skin quite power liao.

Earlier I went online and tried to find more work stuff, activities but after a while, really tired liao. That was after the 'discussion' with the new collegue. Was turning into zombie already then we went for a slightly longer lunch nearby. The beef fried quay tiao is very good. Came back, I looked a bit more for work-related stuff, then can't function, then ask foreign collegue for the guitar loan. Happily practice until dismissal time and after that, I went back to practice. I think it's good to do somethng different from work, that uses another part of the brain and involves other tasks instead of just typing, staring at the computer screen. That's the good thing so far, I can do these whereas previously I couldn't. A great perk.

No comments: