Sunday, February 27, 2011

1st time shooting a Shot-gun

Tab went for a shot-gun course at the Gun Club, met her last Sat after guitar for won ton mee. After chatting with her, FH and I were keen to go give it a try. My guitar had a make-up cos this sat instructor got something up. Though it's $65. It's those things that you do once in a lifetime just to have the experience.

We decided to meet for breakfast at West Coast Plaza, then head there. I had the typical Singaporean Chinese breakfast of Toasted kaya-butter bread, 2 softboil eggs and coffee. It's good. I can't even remember when was the last time I ever ate this. Think it might be numerous months or a few years ago... How ironic but my breakfast is noodles, prata, bread, musli bars, cornflakes or sandwiches plus coffee. But that breakfast was very delicious. FH came and had coffee then we set off.

I never realized that the SG Gun Club is near to NUT n NEI campus. It's near all the cemeteries site n the army camp. In fact I am thankful FH has a car, cos it's quite a distance inside. We arrived, filled indemnity forms, paid and went through the shooting prep safety course.

The instructor seems like the boss of the place. I couldn't hit the flying clay pigeons. Undershoot cos I moved the shotgun to aim, plus also move the gun to anticipated spot before the clay pigeon flew out. After every round, the coach kept asking me whether I moved or tried to aim. Super stress cos obviously the guys were hitting but I'm not and every shot the coach kept telling me...

There are quite a things to keep track of: safety, stance, load n cock n aim, then the point of shooting, when to pull the trigger. Plus must remember not to move the gun until can see the clay pigeon. Easier said than done. To get all this down requires 'muscle memory' which is repeations until it's more natural and all the steps are followed. This is something from guitar too. In ur mind, u want this finger to move, but another finger did instead or that finger moves slowly. Kept telling myself I have to try though u was getting discouraged. Finally with 9 more bullets left, I managed to hit. In the end made 4 out of 25. At one point, I was thinking to myself if I could make one shot then it's good enough.

After that we headed to Vivo for lunch. Talked about investment, economy n largely about Japan. Later we went our separate ways n I headed home by bus. I just reached home not long, Quetzal contacted me. We met up n she drove to Holland Village to do a bit of shopping and grab a bite. It was raining heavily n we settled in NYDC and had sandwiches n crosissont for dinner. Read mags and chatted a bit until Tab msg that maybe could meet up after her dinner.

We headed back to my home, to change, bring out 2 bottles of 'cough syrup' plus abacus. All in a backpack. Headed down to Marina and met Tab. Then we went shopping. Everyone ended up buying something. I'd never imagine myself with a top from Disguel... Oh well it was fitting, 50% off plus I quite like the split colours. So I ended up buying that.

We end at Macs, eating nuggets n dessert n drinking up 2 bottles of 'cough syrup'. I tried to paint my abacus gd but think I need brush and more patience to do a proper job. We left around 12. Thanks to Quetzal for driving me home. Appreciate it. Listening to MayDay songs on the way back.

I changed and laid on bed, wanting to read my book but end up sleeping... Woke up wondering where I am late morning. Bettergo to the gym asap, been skipping n stopping again...

No comments: