Sunday, February 20, 2011

Obiang, Retro & Nerd Birthday Party

Earlier in the day, it was a mutiny. We headed out to buy some food cos couldnt take the monotony of "Zar Chai Fan". We walked around at a nearby mall, they bought snacks. Then a very bad case of coffee withdrawal hit me. It was a very bad pain near my right eye... Got my collegues worried enough that they dabaoed Starbucks coffee. I sipped a bit and the pain subsided but still remained until almost the end of the workday. We also dabaoed the huge chicken cutlet, doubled up from Astons back.

Lunch I ate some of the rice and the dishes, esp the veg and the soup, and half of the chicken cutlet. Think it was the opportunity to get out of the workplace, I remarked to them, "Zar Fan seems more tasty today" and they gave me the strangest look. Anyway later in the day, went to the Elementary to observe how the Eng lessons are conducted to get an idea of how to bridge the course. Need more resources instead of just a free rein. There's no instant tree to that.

Then much earlier before we headed out to dabao, I had made Choc Ice Cream and left it to cool before could freeze. After we came back, I used the ice cube tray and chuck into the freezer. That was about near 12. Around 4 plus, I checked on them, most are set and dug them onto two plates and then chuck into the freezer again. A few werent fully set and I ate them up while waiting and chatting with my local collegue in the kitchen. 5 mins before my time to knock off, I went down and walked around to get collegues to eat up cos its ice cream, melting quite fast. Was quite full by then I went home. Or more likely appetite spoilt by the early dessert. Waited until rain smaller then I headed out, by the time I reached the bus station to take bus 7, it was near 7pm. Then I msg to say definitely be late. Took more than an hour to reach...

Anyway I looked forward to the mass bdae party; Obiang, Retro and Nerd theme. It rained on the way back home. Then I went home, bathed and washed hair. Then it poured rather heavily. I waited until the rain was lighter then headed out. Had thought about taking the mrt but too risky. Later met students. I didnt put on all the 'accessories' but the overall look already very un-me. Plus students all live in the town and frequent town. So I settled for taking the bus. It might be slower but didnt expect it to be that slow with so many jams... well I was royally late. Ops.

I ordered the Beef Pasta and it was alright. Cos I arrived after an hour plus plus on the buses, I was hungry by then. Ate quite hungrily. A lot of photos and everyone dressed to the theme. It's an experience to remember. Too bad that the bar was full. By 11pm, I was feeling very tired. It had been a long day of sort, with all the going out, happenings plus the headache. I was falling asleep. Shared a cab with Krynnder and ZX, so glad they stay in west.

After I reached home, took a bath and washed my hair again. Think I was too tired and knocked out straight after lying on the bed. I woke up the next day rather early to do last minute guitar practice, havent touched for a week.

Met FH, Tab and Candle for wonton lunch. Then I owe FH coffee, needed to check out the ice cream maker and buy Taka vouchers. We had coffee at a new place and later got a shock when they charged us for a whole cake instead of a slice. I got a shock when I saw the bill about $120 for just 3 cakes and 4 drinks. On enquiring, they've mischarged. But still didnt get to treat FH his coffee. Next week then. While waiting for Tab, FH and I went to Kino and Art House. Candle left to go back to cook.

After FH left, I felt hungry and walked to buy sushi and water from the supermarket. Was tired by then and sat at the fountain, hoping not to be recognized while eating the sushi. So reminscient of the earlier student days of sushi and drink days. Tab came later and we walked around to look for stuff. Hours later, we ended up eating at our usual spot at the top of Ion. Its still supermarket sushi plus drink. I got Gucamole dips with wholegrain plain chips. That's my dinner. Tab had sashimi and sushi. We went back by mrt. I was also tired and slept soundly.

Today I spent the bulk of the day reading this book about the story of the sub-prime market and how it boomed and bust. Its a good read except I was rather short on time and energy to read through 500 pages of the book. Quite a number of times, after work, I read on the bed and feel asleep cos just tired. Today also. Woke up later and continued reading. Still got >150 pages to go but reached the part about the implosion. More exciting.

Tomorrow then book tickets and settle some stuff.

No comments: