Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cravings + No-Zhar-Chai-Peng Syndrome

It's just 3 days of eating tiffin lunch and suddenly the thought of western food crossed my mind. Then suddenly I start thinking of the various food that I would like to eat. Things like pasta, carrotcake and all the extremely unhealthy stuff that I would hardly eat when I have a choice of lunch.

When I had the power of lunch choice, I don't even consider such food at all. I might think of ordering them BUT then I would order something like rice, soup. But now, I am kinda sick of Zar Chai Fan. Not that it's horrible. In fact they are okay but it's the lack of choice. Not that the dishes are repeating but is the lack of food genre variety. And I am not alone in suffering this 'I want all the sinful stuff n extreme craving'.

My other two local collegues are suffering from it too. One is craving for pasta. The other is craving for very good food like ice cream, pizza. I am thinking of western food. OMFG... This is the type of occupation hazard that comes about from being deprived of a proper lunch with choices.

We are plotting our 'rebellion', at least go out 1-2 times cos at the current rate, food thoughts are plaguing us. Sign, I've already spoken out that I can't do it everyday , the whole year. Can't imagine Zar Chai Peng everyday for a year. I am those tulips who needs freedom of choice n variety. But currently I am suffering from the "No more Zar Chai Peng outside of work" syndrome.

And another consequence of that is the week suddenly seem to drag on forever... It's like is the bloody weekend ever coming? What? It's only Thursday. OMFG! This week lasts forever... Urgh I need to do something before more things quirks manifest...

Viva-lavida Lunch Freedom!

No comments: