Monday, February 28, 2011

1st attempt at Jap Light Cheesecake

I brought the ingredients I have at workplace back home, the Cheesecake recipe book and headed straight out to buy a whole bunch of ingredients for it. Even headed out later to buy lemons.

When I got home, after dinner, I started with the sponge cake, using the instant mix to make a sponge cake which will serve as the base of the cheese cake. Not much hitch yet, baked it but after baking and cooling the cake, a 50 cent hole cos a part of it is not cooked fully, so I cut away those parts, almost got an entice cake except it has a hole in the middle. Also it tasted rather dense.

Due to the whole, I changed plans. Instead of putting a layer of the sponge cake as base in the tin, then pour cheesecake over, I changed to cupcakes. I bought cupcakes thinking of using it next round to make mini individual cheesecakes. So I changed to that. Break some sponge cake bits to line the bottom, the scoop the cheesecake in.

Lagi best, I whisk the wrong part, egg white instead of just egg yolk, so my mixture turned up ultra fluffy n overflowing the mixing bowl. Then have to sieve it, wah... End up with list of drops of cheese stuff all over the place... My mom helped me wash up though I td her I would do so once baking starts but she went ahead. Thanks Mom.

This Jap light cheesecake seems to be alot more work than the normal one... Urgh, why I itchy backside go n choose this one... Well now the first batch is done and cooling on the table first before going into the fridge. Second batch is still cooking. I am ultra tired at this point... Maybe next time, I should just pay for that slice of Jap cheesecake instead.

Still got to wait for second batch to cool before chucking into the fridge. Signs... So sleepy now... Dunno if it's a disaster or a success yet. Will have taste test tomorrow.

No comments: