Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy with more errands - preparation

Had a whole bunch of errands to run after guitar today.

Go PS to get obiang props and accessories, check out a travel agency packages, check out price of Ice-cream maker. Buy Toto.

FH messaged and we met to discuss the proposed trip to Japan over pancakes. Before I met him, I went to Po Mo and got Toto for 2 draws. Then walked back over to get seats.

Due to many things still not settled, decided to call off. So most likely I would be planning a trip to Taipei. But I needed more information about whether free-and-easy packages are better. Took a bunch of papers. Couldnt ask questions cos the salesperson busy. So I just bring back as a reference point to do some research. Seems not. At least there was a whole bunch of hotels (that I just searched up the prices) its actually cheaper cos the package was for a 3D2N, but I searched up for 5D4N and they came up to about the same price. SO... I would rather go for the DIY. Found out I can use my Debit card with Visa to pay for it. Only I need to make sure there are enough funds inside. Okay fair enough. Its a simple plan, we are going to get a hotel right smack in Xi Meng Ding and then travel about from there, using the mrt system there to explore around. Its more flexible of sort and enough days to be able to experience the food and stuff. Its also not a mad-rush. Something I prefer in the holidays.

Then in PS, I went to Daiso to look for "obiang" accessories cos I asked my sisters and they dont have obiang stuff. They do have many metal trinklets but they dont look obiang. So after looking through, I found enough accessories to really make an 'obiang' statement. I asked my sister if she got obiang clothes to lend me, she is going to lend me a top that looks suitable. Seems if 'accessorise' enough, can look obiang... K bottom, maybe use work style pants. Left feet. I got many pairs of lady's slippers not worn. Okay can. See how it goes. I dont want to buy some obiang clothes and then not wear it forever and ever (though Tab hinted she would take whatever I bought and would never wear again...)

I was in PS, then I remembered the Vines wine that Carrefour might at times, offer the steep discount. So I walked into the wines section. Behold, all the bottles and flavours were there on discount. Each is slightly less than $10. Its a discount of about $7 compared to normal retail price. I bought another 6 bottles, getting 2 new flavours, Strawberry +Kiwi and the other blend of wine with blueberry and 3x of the popular chardonney. Had to lug everything home on public transport. Luckily I got a bus with seats and sat all the way back from PS to my area. Changed bus at the interchange and arrived home safely.

The ice-cream maker is not available in the small outlet. Would have to go to Taka but I didnt want to go there with the bottles, so will need to do that another time.

No comments: