Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2nd Day of CNY

Today also went out again. Its like I've not stayed home since last Friday. Its 6 days in a row. Dunno if tom got Jap lessons, if so that is 7 days. Missed lazing around in the bed. Wont say that I have been doing much of that cos of either going out or Mapling.



Yar here are the pics of the stuff I bought from Chinatown, namely the bird whistle, the Cai Shen and the Cai pig. The other frog (my cheapo version of the Cang Zu, the frog that is supposed to bring wealth, it is seen with a coin in its mouth) is from another trip elsewhere. So the frog, the Cai Shen and the Cai pig are all sitting on my Toto and 4D tickets. My table is seriously messy, need to tidy it up again. Hope will bring me lottas luck.



This is the drinking game Bingo thingy that I bought for $4.99 from Giant. Cant wait to try it out with all the funny shooters. That will all happen in the next Dec party.

2nd Day

Anyway my mom, my sisters and I went to visit the Qin Long Ye Temple again. This time cos supposed to visit for the new year. We headed there around 10am. Prayed, donated and then there was a lion troupe that performed and then the lion dancers formed 4 numbers using the mandarin oranges. Then we all went to buy the number, though in different combinations. I just went for the I-bet version instead. This time, we stepped on the bridge and got a shower of water from the two dragons overhead, went to get the water from the dragon sprout where you have to kneel and the dragon sprouts water. That being done, we went for lunch.

Later my sister Yingel and I headed to check out the New Jurong Point. It was under construction to expand it and now its completed. Woah, it is big. There is now JP1 and JP2 buildings, though JP1 the new building only has 3 floors including the basement. Quite a good mix of shops and dining places in the basement. There is Kushinbo, NYNY, Fig and Olives, Ocha, Cavana and many more. Though this being CNY and all, so most are not open but its really larger than before. We headed to the arcade and played more Basket throwing game. Man there was this kiddy version and this street version that was much taller than the one in PS. Played until arms numb, I played 4 times, my sister 2 times. Then I was playing the Jukebox game there, could play songs in hard up to 7 stars. Not bad if I say so myself. We explored around and then headed home by bus.

Reached home around 3pm and I felt so tired that I headed to snooze until 5pm. Woke up, Mapled, ate dinner, mapled some more. Then I was emptying out my piggy bank cos it was getting too heavy plus also its already more than a year. So I wanted to empty it and start over again. Spent quite some time emptying, counting and then wrapping up the coins in sticks of 50s. About 1k in all. Not bad. I take it as I got back half the money I spent for the Thailand trip. Now is only finding out when are the coin deposit days and bank them in. Now my piggy is very light again. Its back to another year of incidental saving.

Still havent drank some of the beer. I should chug one and then head to bed.

No comments: