Monday, January 19, 2009

Unwelcomed Squatter

The whole espisode started much like the previous Taliban experience. I was in the room, watching Thundercats dvd cos I couldnt fall asleep. Had slept earlier in the afternoon then. Just when I got comfortable, I heard a few banging sounds. It sounded like someone had fallen. Thought it was my dad but didnt hear talking. Then the sound started again, I went out to investigate, only to see both my sisters jumping and looking cautiously around. They told me there was a BIG rat in the house.

Ya my dad had left the door opened a few days back and apparently one sneaked in and hasnt left. They spotted it near the computer table and it zoomed off towards either my parents' bedroom or the kitchen. My sister and I armed ourselves with sticks, whilst the other stayed on the couch with a broom and we went to bang around the kitchen. Surprisingly despite the size, we couldnt find it in the kitchen. Then we woke our parents to search their room. Cant find also. We did a couple of searches around the kitchen some more then gave up. Before we went back to bed, we tied up the garbage so as not to expose it and chuck it down the chute, to cut off the rat's supply of food. I went back to watching dvd and later fell asleep.

This morning, still no news. Think its still in the house. The unwelcomed visitor.

No comments: