Sunday, January 11, 2009

The potential to be a boring day...

Yesterday, Sat was kinda of a boring day after a more 'fruitful' day of work, then guitar lesson then boardgames playing the serious game of 'Modley's Fool', then railway track building in 'Railway to Ride' and end off with 'Blockus'. Phew at least I wasnt the last in all 3 games. After that Quetzal drove us home and I think I watched Thundercats until I fell asleep.

Saturday was kinda uneventful. I woke up, shifted my stuff, then ate lunch with my dad. Later we came back and he watched tv while I mapled. I was so bored, restless that I did lvl up my other character 1.5 levels by the time I was done. Then went to practice guitar, my JJ song and Jay song which I have somewhat shortlisted to play for the coming evaluation. Guess what, there's a Jap test again! And I have NOT even remotely think of starting. I rather be practising guitar, sleeping... Just didnt feel like studying yet. In the end, nobody smsed, so I stayed at home. In the middle of the night, around 2am. I ate my chinese medicine and shortly after felt discomfort and couldnt sleep. Couldnt pin point the specific area of pain or what, plus feeling kinda hungry. Thinking that it might be a stomach pang arising from hunger, I went to fry an egg. Found that my egg frying skill has improved though I havent cooked anything else besides Magee mee since my last soup. Ate it hungrily with bread and ketchup and downed a brown cow. Then somewhat felt okay and went to sleep somewhere past 3am.

Sunday had the potential to be just another boring day. But it wasnt. At first it did seem like it was going to play out to be one. I was woken up by a call from the SeaHorse delivery pple saying that they are on their way with the new sofabed we had purchased about 3 weeks ago. We didnt tell our parents and just went ahead. Cos it was meant for mom who could sleep there in case she couldnt stand my dad's snoring. Also my bro can sleep there when he comes out. Its very firm and good for the back. My own mattress that I had slept on for more than 7 years is still very firm and I dont get backaches ever since. So my mom and dad answered the phone and they thought that there was a mistake until my sister took over. Shortly after, they came and we put in the sofabed.

After all that, it was still only 9.30am, so things settled and I went Mapling again. Wanted to level up before next sat but alas I couldnt. Hunger pangs set in around 11 plus. We could smell the aroma of the food cooking downstairs from the coffeeshop and headed down to eat. I went ahead with mom and dad, the sisters came down later. They took a while and when they did, they were dressed to go out. I asked where they were going. It seems they wanted to go Karaoke but not at KBox as they had given up using that coupon. I asked if I could go and joined them. We headed downtown to Liang court where there is a newly opened PartyWorld that has many many rooms. It had disco lights to switch onto and its kinda popular. Gradually saw more and more occupied rooms. I had a slightly bigger inventory of songs, given that I had been learning some Chinese songs for guitar plus listen to JJ's cd. Hence sang 7 cheena songs. Better practice before evaluation though I dun think my vocal poweress is anything noteworthy.

After 4 hours, we headed to a Jap style western restaurant inside that had relatively cheap food. Its more western with hotplates, pasta, pizza for prices around $7 before GST and service charge. My seafood rissoto didnt taste good BUT the chicken chop and pizza are good. My sisters ordered those. Interestingly when we were paying, the manager who is a Japanese, spoke japanese to me. I just listened, nodded and later said 'Arigato' when he handed me the change. I did understand him some, saying things like the total cost is XXX, here is your change XXXX. My sisters were glad that though they had kept saying each other dressing up like Aunty, Phillipino maid earlier (excludes me) , someone thought that we are all Japanese. Or is just that the poor guy doesnt speak english.

Then I showed them Nectaire, the place where I had ate wine poached pear strudel twice with Tab. Was telling them that its very good. I ordered the same order of wine pear strudel with strawberry cream tea. My sisters ordered the strawberry strudel, vanilla latte, hazelnut latte and the pichatto cake. We enjoyed eating it and they agreed that its nice. My sisters were bioing and scanning for good looking guys. Sadly not much to look at as it was kinda early around 7pm. I was just listening to their crappy talk and laughing with them. Later we decided to head back by cab. Since a cab ride is much shorter compared to a bus ride, I dabaoed a Mango strudel back for mom and dad. Didnt want to buy more cos both are already old, with health problems. Hence just enough for a small treat. The strudel came in a very posh looking paper bag, put into a posh looking paper box. When the person came over with it, we were like, "Wah, such a nice bag for a studel." We caught a cab cos there was no queue at 7.45pm where most pple are just having dinner and not around the area yet.

We reached home around 8pm and both mom and dad like the strudel. The crust is very light and crispy, though they kept saying its a bit expensive for $6++ Its not like we eat that everyday. Plus in Singapore, its not like you can always get good pastry at below that price. Later I went to practice more guitar and maple a bit.

I have somewhat decided that I will just head to work earlier to clear stuff esp on Monday so that I dun have to dabao work over the weekend. Grrr.... now the weather is seriously very cold esp at my area. The winds blowing in from the open window and doors are literally killing me. Had to wrap myself up in a sleeved t-shirt with jacket plus wear track pants instead of my sleeveless top with shorts night-getup. Think be going to sleep soon, after finished watching Naruto 91 after blogging.

Overall today is a good day. Though it came from spending some money instead of having to spend just a bit of money and have a good time. Well as long as its not everyday I guess. Still I wish that dun have to work... bubu

No comments: