Sunday, August 15, 2010

1st Investment Target hit - 2010

This year, quite slow going, already mid-August.

Next January, I shall remember the Jan-Feb effect and sell if prices rose alot.

Just hit my first investment target of $10k profits on Friday with a sale of some shares from my cash portfolio.

Sold off cos I thought the market falling, so when it rebounced, decided to sell off. Sold mostly is CPF, so cpf portfolio this year is making better gains than last year but as one cannot withdraw any cpf gains, so all goes back into cpf account. So I dont count them as part of profits. Yes an overall profit picture, but not counted into the investment target which is about cash.

Next target is $15k profits then I can reward myself with $1k to spend. But really, $1k is not alot if one decides to get big toys.

K when I get there, then I think about what I really want and need.

_____________________________

Hmm compared to my old last drawn pay, as a civil servant, plus the bonuses, I havent hit that income level even with the stock gains.

Cos I didnt have income for 3 months and also a pay drop. After doing some computation, I still need to get an extra income of $6600-$8520 (depending on calculation method adopted) from either assignments or stocks to hit the potential income for a year as a civil servant. Guess still have quite alot of room to make up.

Why this fixation on making up my last drawn pay full year potential income. Well cos I am NOT getting younger, yet taking a pay drop, so have to make up. Others are making more annually with pay increment, I have to make up the shortfall so as not to short-change myself with a job change. At least, that's my perspective on it.

No comments: