Sunday, August 08, 2010

National Day dessert party

This year's National Day party at Tab's place was more subdued than normal I guess. There's no free flow of alcohol. Guess cos the alcoholic desserts took the place. After the heavy dinner and then dessert, I wasnt up to eating or drinking anymore. But of course, given our endurance to alcohol, it wasnt enough to make us drunk of any kind, I guess.

Well it was also one, where instead of getting just pizza. We got zhi char plus fried chicken wings (those wings were my moment of weakness after catching the heavenly aroma). We also got some prawnballs, crabmeat sticks, siew mai and 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes to add-on to the dinner. At least with the cherry tomatoes, it was a more balanced meal in that aspect. Those tomatoes were very nice, I ate quite a fair bit with the crabmeat sticks with the fried rice and bee hoon. Then we all had tiramisu and they ate the konyaku. It was quite enjoyable eating and watching 'Charlie and the chocolae factory' followed by a dog movie, Hachi.

On Friday, after the dental visit, I actually bought close to $30 of tooth-related stuff including new toothbrush, special tooth paste, mouthwash and a bristle-type brush. Then on Sat, I got another toothbrush travel set. I am very very sensitive to drilling on my teeth esp the molars. I dont want a repeat. So after every meal I have been brushing and rinsing with mouth wash. Hope to keep this routine up. Hopefully I dont brush out the filling, trying to be gentle at the same time.

The next dessert to try out is Cheesecakes - plain, oreo and caramel. Also to see if they can be alcoholized. So far I just looked at one. It requires some baking. I need to get more recipes for comparison and then make a sort of plan on when to try it out and get the ingredients, especially since I am on holidays, and even going back to workplace, also need other collegue to be back there baking. Hmm nothing concrete planned out. Cos next week is another week of intense driving, gym and assignments.

My first week, so far no time to do anything else, though I did squeeze out time for making the 2 desserts, but no time for movies as far. See how things go. Maybe once after driving test, things might speed up.

Today I just slept most of the day away after lunch and a break. I was waiting to go to the gym, aka after 2hrs from last eaten meal. I had watched 4 episodes of Bones S3 at a shot and felt tired. Woke up, it was almost 7pm already. Gym closes at 8pm on weekends so just have to go tomorrow. This week, I went 3 times already. Guess too much to ask for the 4th. Then ate dinner, practiced guitar. Dunno what to do except either to sleep or watch Naruto Dvd.

No comments: