Friday, August 27, 2010

Misc stuff

Forgot to post someo of the stuff that happened up.

First up is the pic of first try for Stuffed Strawberries. Inside is cream cheese mix and on top to cover is melted chocolate.














This is the 2nd try at it but I decided to half the strawberries so that I can put more of the cream cheese on it but it didnt stick as well cos lop-sided. So in the end is put all the strawberries together, put cream cheese over them and finally chocolate all over the top. Then chuck into freezer. So despite not looking too nice, it actually taste better cos strawberries sweeter (chose more ripe ones), more cream cheese mix, also chocolate.

Overall view. Doesnt look good cos didnt layer well













The bottom view of the strawberries














So no more tries of that, due to fear of sensitive teeth.
__________________________________

Failed my driving test cos hit curb twice during directional change and also during directional change, adjust >4 times = instant fail... So that's the end of driving for now. Until I can figure out the schedule. Now the test is into mid oct. I really need to replan the schedule a bit if not drag up to next Jan.
__________________________________

I have decided on how to spend that $1k if I hit investment target of $15k. I will treat family a meal and then put it aside for the Jap trip? Like that makes it easier to get the supposedly $5k needed without having to save up harder for it. Plus I counted the 'accidental savings' in my piggy bank, about $420. So that will also go towards that. So now is still August, still got 6 months of accidental savings to go.

Not long back, there was an article on Yahoo about what type of spending makes a person happy (to be fair, they based the study on 50s and retirees) It appears when one spends money not on materal things but on experiences, learning, the happiness lasts longer. Things like a trip, things like a hobby, the satisfaction is longer lasting. But for them, they qualify that for retirees, they have reached that stage in life where their time with family is important, so they are happier spending on that.

Hmm is my thinking that old instead?

So far personal finances are on track. Should be able to hit back the diminished reserves in a couple of months and then the remaining months save up for annual insurance premiums so that after netting off, still have the reserve amount. Then its onto trying to hit $50k in the next year. Then can consider applying to work abroad in Jap for a year or two. The worry is the job-search again after coming back. That can be alleviated with a higher level of personal reserve. With my 2 years of experience then plus a higher level of personal reserve, plus assignment obligation finished off then can go in peace. Something like that. That's a rough plan still and a work-in-progress.

For now, am just trying to encourage myself and remember not to burn myself out. Just continue and enjoy the experience. As long as I keep myself open-minded, willing to try out, willing to move out of certain comfort zones, keep myself busy with new experiences that I wanna gain, life certainly seems more hopeful. Though on the aspect of singlehood, I am still heading nowhere.

No comments: