Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Natsuyasumi desu!

Its a first for me. Having the holidays in the month of August, following the holiday system of countries with 4 seasons. I've never loved August so much in my life, ever.

On Friday, was having macaron 2nd rematch. Saturday was spent out with guitar and later lunch and dinner. Sunday was spent travelling down for first time archery and later sleeping off the fatique.

Monday, I woke up at 7am, partly is alarm, partly is my intention to eat breakfast early then head out for gym. Instead, after breakfast, I started watching my backlog of recorded shows on cable tv. I watched through the whole bunch of "Criminal Minds S2" and also finished up "Dexter S4" by Tuesday. Of course, both days, I also headed out for driving lessons. Doing intensive now. About 4 times per week to try to clear off last bit, revise how to drive and having my practical test on 23rd Aug.

After driving on Monday, I had delayed my intial plan for gym in the morning due to watching cable tv. Hence I brought it along and after driving, just hopped into the gym by the mrt station. Did my usual of 1.5hrs, bathed and headed to meet up with collegues for durians at Dempsey carpark. Its a first for me and the quality of the durian is very good. Like the bitter-sweet type especially. Its rather filling and 5-6 seeds for $22 a bit pricey but cannot complain much. You pay for the quality. And its a first.

Tuesday, I spent nursing sore muscles all over my body - my triceps, my stomach, my thighs, my butt, my shoulders. Reason, was that I forgotten to slap on muscle cream. Ran low on it also previously I realized cos I was used to the routine, didnt need to slap on any. But I had forgotten I had trained at a different gym with different equipments and used different weights. Then returned home after driving and helped mom ran an errand on the way home but was cussing and swearing cos the things to buy were quite heavy and I was nursing sore muscles all over. Dabaoed my lunch and dinner of zhar cai porridge and ate around 4pm, 6.30pm respectively. Headed out for assignment, a bit reluctantly. Was wishing I got an sms to cancel but no avail. Also not good to keep missing... so far I've only cancelled once due to genuine reason related to work. Others I try to reschedule an alternative day. Got cancelled a few times by the other party though.

Last night, just before I slept, I did put some muscle cream on, but didnt have much left. Later I am going to get 2 tubes.

Wednesday, today I make myself stay in bed. I was already awake by 7.30am but I kept tossing and turning and trying to go back to sleep. Keep waking-sleeping until 9.30am. Then woke up and went out for breakfast and bought some Pain Relieving Paster and patched them on my aching muscles. None on my butt of course but on triceps, stomach, neck. Its a nice relief. Today there's no driving. I intend to head to the gym and almost forgot about assignment...  Okay so gym in the later afternoon, then go for assignment. Inbetween, I have some errands to run, some tidying to do, guitar to practice. Hope to make good use of the time today and finish what I've set out to do today. So not that much time.

While eating breakfast, I am reminded of my "unemployed" days, where I wake up early to train to eat breakfast, go swimming/gym, go for driving. Its really that feeling. Then come home, monitor the stock market, by letting the program run and looking at it periodically. Very that same feeling. The difference is that I am paid during this holiday. Yay! Though I had a pay drop, and hence have to work extra outside to get it back. So far, I have nothing too much else to complain about the job. Hence the reluctance to just drop and go for JET programme in the next intake.

No comments: