Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Missed a driving lesson = Suay

Yesterday was so SUAY. I looked at the driving slot timing and saw the wrong timing. So when I arrived, I found out to my dread that I had missed 1 slot of driving... Its the correct date but I got the wrong timing cos I looked at another date... Argh.. That meant wasted $60. But I dont have to pay extra cos it was from the money left in the driving account. But still I feel rather sore about it.

Then on the way there, cos I hadnt had lunch yet, I ate some food, thinking that after driving, its just nice to go to the gym and later after that head for dinner and assignment. Guess that missed driving lesson threw a huge wrench into the plans. So I headed to the gym but only could do about 1/2 hr of workout cos just after food, cant do much of crunches nor cardio. Dont want to tio appendix. So just do a few machines and a little bit of weights and felt so sian that I decided to just finish up and then bathed in the gym. Yes I did bring my bathing stuff and change. The hot weather was getting to me too. Actually felt better after bathing. Contemplated either going out or going home.

In the end, I headed home. But on my way home, I stopped by the NTUC to check out the prices and availablity of the ingredients for CheeseCake. Yes I have researched the ingredients and recipes and short-listed 2 types of New York Cheesecake first. But cos baking in oven is required, so I sms my collegue and asked if she was going back to workplace to bake. She replied that its still under reno and I didnt want to trouble her to go back to check. She did offer her place but I declined, no point troubling her with just my experiments.

So I shall KIV and put the cheesecake on hold first until after the term begins. In the meantime, maybe I shall have a rematch with Alcoholic Liquer Truffles again. I bought 1.5kg of cooking chocolate still not used from Carrefour on our jap graduation. Best part is I saw a video about coating the chocolate truffles. Its a better idea than what I did the last time. And can just package up and give to friends. Great idea. Dont have to worry about eating them up. Okay, more liquer truffles - this time I can use alot of my alcohol collection - kahlur, baileys, vodka, pear vodka, maybe my mom's contrieu.

Also just saw a video or two about making Chocolate-coated strawberries and Stuffed strawberries. They look easy enough to try.

No comments: