Monday, August 23, 2010

43th week into discplined weekly exercise

Last year, I started going to exercise more regularly. It started with swimming and a bit of gym. But the problem being a gal is the monthly thing that meant unless I want to pollute the pool with my blood, I'll rather go gym on those days. Yet it meant a break of the swimming-intensive routine. So gradually it changed to pure gym going. But there were periods of starting and stopping. Its not a routine kept up every week. There would be breaks due to sickness, or lazines etc.

Finally started the gym routine again, somewhere in the midst of my unemployment. The aim to lose weight, tone up, also upkeep my fittness for health reasons. From then until now, the minimum I went was once a week, max was 4 times a week. Average about 2 times a week.

The 21 days to set a routine and 7 days to break it is very true and I dont want to break it.

But the verdict after 43 weeks of weekly exercise is that I still havent lost the weight I've gained compared to Uni days. Its stayed at 6.5kg. Weight goes down and up, up and down. Havent hit anywhere near 65kg at all. I guess it has something to do with the food that I am eating. I have made a lifestyle change to eat breakfast daily, drink less sweetened drinks with outside meals, also not ordering desserts (though I am making those for cooking experiments) Those did help somewhat when I see my weight going down some. But it doesnt stay down for long.

The lack of positive results in the weight loss area doesnt mean I would stop. It might indicate 2 times a week is not enough. But I wont dispute the increased stamina esp for work, assignment and even classes. I could go for those and not be as dog-tired as I was previously. Also fittness is getting better and arms looked more toned though still soft at some parts. Guess this is where the DIET aspect needs to come in and do more.

Think I need to make a few more lifestyle changes to increase exercise to 3 times a week, also limit the portion of food I eat at every meal, also reduce/cut out certain food types eg fast food... just had BK on Sat cos of watching the documentary "Modern Marvels about fast food technology. So had cravings after that. Need to do up a food diary so that I can really see what I am eating, how much I have eaten, also how many meals I eat...

So far my expenses are reined in, having comfortable levels of saving, so end of this month onwards, not tracking monthly expenditure, just only need to check bank account at the end of every month.

To start major tracking of Food eaten for all meals in a month and see where are the problem areas. Hopefully the discipline that I acquired and applied for exercising every week can apply to the Diet aspect and hope to see permanent results. Maybe not so fast showing but still hope to see something over the next few months.

No comments: