Thursday, August 26, 2010

Into the final week of the hols

Yup, next Wed, on Teacher's Day, I start the 2nd of 3 terms. It will last all the way until 22nd Dec, where there would be a break of 2 weeks before the last term. Then there's another 2 weeks hols. Alot less than as an ex-educator but for the lighter workload in exchange, seems a fair trade of sorts.

After the failing of my first driving test on Monday, and assignments just or finished their CAs, so I asked for 1-2 lessons off, it meant finally I could breathe a bit easier this week. Of course, next Wed, everything resumes - work and assignment, but it meant I have a few purely free days to play around with.

Any holidays for me would see me lapsing into a few days of very late night sleeping due to either gaming / reading manga / watching anime. So Tuesday, I really piahed the anime "Death Note" until finished. And yesterday, I piahed the manga "One Piece", reading online from morning until evening. Then went for assignment. Drank coffee to perk up. This meant my sleeping timing got a bit messed up than usual.

Then since last week, I started setting my alarm on and earlier. From 9am to 8am to today's 7.15am. Going back to the routine of sleeping earlier and waking earlier. So far havent gone back to workplace at all. No reason to except for me to check schedule, tidy workstation. There's an element of inertia here. Since nothing of importance so no need to go back. If need to, next week mon or tue still can go back for a short while.

Its almost been 1 full month of 'pure' holiday in a sense. Too bad I had quite a number of things going on and didnt take some time off to go travelling, either back to Msia or to other places. The driving, assignment, gyms and guitar classes took up almost 3 whole weeks. Running around daily meant by sunday, I just wanna stay at home for a change.

Am I recharged enough? I guess so, cos I didnt have to think about work at all. That's a welcome change. So these last few free days, I hope to do something that would make it feel like a hol, except the part of sleeping late. Feeling a bit sleepy now due to waking up earlier and last night still couldnt sleep as early as I would like. Ate my breakfast and am waiting for the 2hrs after meal to go for a morning swim (if not then gym) so that can head out.

So far I still need to tidy up the clothes and resources in the room I am occupying... Okay one thing at a time.

No comments: