Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Personal Financial Plan for 2010 - 2010

My financial plan this year is to finish topping up my Personal reserve of $30k by end of this year. Also have saved up extra including 1 month completion bonus to pay off my Insurance annual premiums at the end of the year without affecting the $30k balance.

Then I want to up the Personal reserve amount to $50k which I will try to save up in the following year of 2011. The reason for this is that I am quite surprised at how much I had depleted in just a space of 8 months unemployed. Yes it was with driving which cost me $2.8k so far. But even without it, it would near $10k for just 8 months, aka $1250 per month. Thats high and really not that sustainable on a $30k.


It should be noted that this is just on my Personal reserve side. I have not touched my Investment account yet.

I want the Personal reserve to cover the annual insurance premiums and also provide the security in case of joblessness/illness.

The Investment account, I am trying to grow it. Of course it feels good that I am making profits here and there through some trades, some ST, some MT, some LT. Am looking for opportuinites to buy-in and sell whenever I can. Sometimes I dont make the best decision due to not being able to monitor 24/7 and some decisions and hesistance but so far on the whole, still pretty good. I take it as I am making some income by not having to sell my manual labour, yes there's still time investment BUT at least I dont have to travel here and there for the extra income. Just that its not enough for my retirement.

I am still young, can work on it. This is just my 2nd plus year of doing so. So far the 5 investment targets at still at $10k, $15k, $20k, $25k and $30k. Havent hit one yet. Almost there but really not selling much. So see how the market goes this month. Cos more free to look at prices and make decisions.

No comments: