Thursday, August 14, 2008

Err I dun see you eating fruits leh?

After work, I went for my appointment, then went home.

Decided then to drag my sorry fat-ass to the gym cos I've not gone in 3 weeks, reason being Jap grad for one, and woke up too hungry for two others. Met my JC friend Lb, who was walking back to her home.

Later I met her at the gym. Both of us working out for different reasons, me being fat, her being stressed and exercise helps to relax and sleep better. That is one aspect of exercise that is good.

Not only manage your weight, give you more energy, helps you sleep better, anti-stress hormones released, regulate your appetite (cos wont be too hungry) and also preserve your looks (notice how body builders body looks very young despite the guy being an Ah Pek age, even the Ah Pek's face dun look that old)

Hurry to the nearest gym near you.

After our workout, we walked around a bit to get a drink and dabao dinner for her. When I reached home, I 'remembered' the dinner, my dad had sent my bro to the train station and hence dabaoed 2 packs of Nasi Brani. That's the dinner, I forgot.

Here's the deal, you've gained weight. You just spent slightly longer than 1hour working out hard in the gym, even running 10mins on the treadmill on top of weights and machines. Hence when you see the dinner of Nasi Brani, its a BIG NO NO.

I decided to cook my curry magee mee with one egg white. Yar my dad's fear of EGGS has rubbed me off and I try to eat 2-3 per week. So, ate near to 2 for this week liao, so I decided to separate the egg yolk and white and just add the white to the mee. Then tell myself as I am slurping my mee that it 'has' egg yolk inside cos its the nicest part.

My mom was at the table and looking at me eating the mee. Then she asked me,

"Eh, dun really see you eat fruits. Where'd you get your fibre?"

My response went along the lines of 'I have no prob getting fibre, as evidenced by my clock-work bowels every day... I do eat vegetables at work place or when I eat out. Though fruits, I dun really eat but sometimes I drink fruit juices.'

She looked at me and said,

"Need to get vitamins from fruits, vegetables not enough."

'I got eat la. Every night, you shove a serving of cherries/ apple/ orange / grape/ whatever fruits you buy. So thats my fruits lor. Been eating cherries for the past few days...'

She seemed satisfied with my response and I continued eating my magee mee. Though its like carbo and protein but at least not as fattening as Nasi brani right? Later she chugged a Plum plus grapes to me, which I obediently finished...

Oh well, I better start making better food choices. Krynnder's wedding in 2 months, and I have 8kg to shed otherwise, dunno if can fit into that red top and black pants? Esp the pants part... seriously have prob fitting into a number of pants/jeans... Its a warning sign. I better kick my fat butt (which is really getting fat, cos fat has accumulated there...) and really choose better food and work out more often.

No comments: