Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rain, claypot rice, salsa, durian and ice-cream

Yar as per the title, these are the main things of today.

Met up with JC friends for a simple dinner. Though it was a rainy, wet day. Ate at the famous claypot rice in my area. Hmm taste okay to me, cos I hardly ever eat claypot and cant judge it cos nothing much to compare to. Later I bought a big bottle of salsa, to go with the chips at LB's place. Its good :P 'Converted' more fans to salsa with chips.

Also bought a pack of durian, its bittersweet. Not sure if its D24, mao shan wang. After that we watched the closing ceremony for the Beijng olympics and ate another famous ice-cream in my area. Its a nice and cosy place to hang a bit, eating and drinking hot green tea on a rainy day. Its a peaceful environment, my home is noiser due to my Dad and the tv which is perpetually on.

As opposed to Tab's place which brings to mind, alcohol, tonnes of chips, fast food and lots of lame jokes. FH's place also brings to mind, fast food and space for Wii in the future?

Siren

My laptop is back after getting the screen changed on Saturday. But it flickered on Sat still. Now its not flickering. I am going to observe a bit more then send in for repairs again. Man, its hard to live without my laptop. Cant monitor the stock market, cant blog, cant read and watch stuff online. Had to borrow from sister when they are not using. Yet the internet is really slow on theirs and certain pages take forever to load. Also the files that I have on my laptop are not there. So updating of certain files are not done for about a week.

One more week

One more week of work to endure before I fly. Fly to 'huan yuan' or give thanks to the 4-faced Buddha. This time pray harder for wealth. No need to distract and pray for many things like health, relationship or even work.

WEALTH can solve them all. At least, it can ease up on things like work and work-stress issues. Also with work out of the way, can ease up on time to do healthier things like working out, getting some much-needed recharge time. And free up on time aspect to go about socializing and doing things I like. Yar I have decided, just ask for one thing only- wealth. But remembering Tab's advice, it going to be a very specific thing.

Saturday

Hmm I realized that Saturdays are now getting kinda boring. The reason is that from 2 weeks ago, Jap class is on Weds. So after 5 years of having NO sats, suddenly its free. But I havent been doing much 'interesting' stuff on Sat.

I slept late, went back to work once. This sat, I went to fetch Siren back from repairs and later slept in cos feeling tired. Quetzal tried to jio me for the Singapore fireworks but the wet weather plus fatique so I declined. Not sure if I wanted to go gym on Sat also. Maybe too much of a good thing, plus its kinda boring also to do the same routine 3 times.

So where does that leave me? My family not going out together, my sisters went out also, leaving me at home with parents. Parents not doing anything else besides watching tv. Plus I dun wanna fight with my dad for the tv control to watch the cable tv which I am paying for. Going out for the sake of going out also not a solution. Usually go out on friday evenings with friends for dinner and stuff.

Hmm... maybe I should find out and sign up for guitar classes. If not designate Sat for something meaningful and regular than just sleeping in, going back to work.

No comments: