Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lost Youth?

Drinking at Morton, drinking 3 martinis then going for guitar lesson is not really a good idea. Made my way from Cityhall to Dolby Ghaut area in a daze... Not drunk cos I didnt swayed but feeling very very relaxed. In fact I was listening to the Chinese songs I am learning for guitar in Midori and singing along. Maybe not too loudly like a drunkard.

By the time I got off at DB, I went to a 7-11 to buy 2 bottles of mineral water and downed one to sober up. More sober by the time lesson started. But guess alcohol affected my playing of the bass-melody for the new song that we started learning, also new stuff like playing accompanyment in melody, another way of ending the melody to plucking and also a new chord. I did write down notes and pointers. Somewhat by the end of the lesson, about half done with the song. Able to play the strumming parts, left with the melody and the song which I completely dun know.

Oh yar, later met up with the rest. I had left the place midway for lesson, then joined them back. Showed them the new song. Thought it was JiGong de yue ding. It turned out to be Pu Gong Ying de yue ding. Man, the martinis affected my ability to read chinese titles! Kena suaned by Tab, the kantang of the group.

Later Quetzal drove us, she offered to drive me back. So we headed down and landed up at the West Coast Park. They had never been there before, very amazed by the 5-6 fittness, playground corners. We were swinging to and fro, at least Candle and I, about half way, on the flying fox thingy. Had to pull in Candle when she ran out of momentum midway. We laid on the nets looking at the cloudy night skies. Later Candle climbed up the rope pyramid. After all the exertion, we headed to the 24hr Macs. Ordered nuggets meal and shared. I felt hungry and bought the 20 piece one and a Mac wings, cos havent eat before. After talking and eating, we headed home.

I reached home, changed and locked up the front door. Went to my room and didnt feel sleepy yet so I took out my guitar and practiced very very softly the bass melody part. Got it nailed mostly then slept in the wee hours of the morning, maybe around 3am?
________________________________

This morning woke up and went out with Mom and sisters. Went to the temple in River Valley Road. Its called Ju Shi Lin. Prayed, donate, buy flowers for offering.



The huge statue of the Goddess of Mercy, whom is the one that my Mom, sisters and I pray to. For my case, is my protector according to the time and year I was born in. Also my pendant is of the Goddess of Mercy.



After that we headed to eat dian xin at Hong Xin. Some of their stuff not bad. Came back and I felt very stoned. Did practice guitar until my fingers damn pain. Think the melody part okay a bit, with accompanyment. Left listening to the song. Nothing else much, went to do errands, buy 4D for mom, Mapled until very sian.

Now blogging and listening to the 4-5 chinese songs I am learning on the mp3. Later going to play abit more before sleeping.

Btw, I told my sister what I did yesterday night, ie the playing in the West Coast Park around 12am and she gave me this look (-_-") She said we are all going through this mid-life crisis. Like hankering after lost youth?

No comments: