Sunday, December 07, 2008

Testo to Biyoki to Tabemono o tsukurimashyo

JLPT 4

Today's the actual exam. When I arrived there by cab (cos didnt think I could make it with taking 2 buses, cos need to so-call report 30mins in advance), the venue is at Nanyang Girls. Its a huge school compound, a reminder why parents are so kan-chong about PSLE grades. Cos you need super high grades to go in, if not there's the Hwa Chong next door which has a full-sized swimming pool and a track (which I kinda cant help but notice when I walked across the overhead bridge to take a bus)

As part of occupation hazard, I had a deja vu feeling that I had done this before. Cos the setting reminded me of a national listening and written exam I had invigilated. Its almost exactly the same. Then the test is doable though there were stuff that had long forgotten plus never revised seriously (like burn midnight oil, cramming notes, wearing a headband with "Banzai" on it...") The worrying part is the Listening, they only read once. No repeat at all and damn tricky for those with pics to select. Then the writing part, got some grammar not so sure, cos never looked through Level 2 book.

Flu

Yar whilst taking the JLPT 4, I was actually fluish. Had woken up at night cold and think I caught a flu then. But it started to act up more today in the afternoon. Started coughing, throat itchy. Partly why kinda stoned during the inital part. Feeling sleepy plus coughing alot. Later recovered a bit and headed home after the test.

Cooking

Tom, I am going to attempt to cook several items, namely pasta (which I have done numerous times), tuna-onion-carrot potatoe patties, boiled broccoli AND tomato soup used for gnocchi last time. Then I also bought ingredients for making curry potato soup the next time around. Went groccery shopping for those foodstuff. Had wanted to boil the potato first but kept distracted by psp and checking 4D. K later after this, I am going to boil and mash the bloody potatoes and keep them in the fridge for tom. It'll save time. Will put up photos of finished product. Its going to be a mamoliath task again.

No comments: