Monday, December 01, 2008

Banking, Stocks @ Pelangi

Cos sometime earlier this year, I asked my dad to buy some msia stocks on my behalf (didnt start using my Poems acc then) I owed him some RM which I didnt want to pay for in SG dollars cos I didnt want to use up my sgd. Since I had some RM, wanted to use that to pay him back instead. BUT as I was still working and Msia is also 5 day work week, it meant I owed him until today when I am finally free to go banking on a working weekday.

So since he wanted to buy shares, we headed to Pelangi cos his remiser is there. Transferred him the rm at the bank then he checked out the share prices. We headed to eat at the Secret Recipe and then just went to the 5th floor with the Popular. I drew out additional RM$150 on top of my RM$100 just in case I had lots of things to buy... Sadly there is seriously nothing much to look at over there. I realized since I didnt buy stationary, the only thing I bought are discs. So that meant more couch-potatoing on the bed watching Dvds.

Before I headed there, I login to Poems to check out the stock prices. In Sg, didnt see anything within my targeted price for the few counters. When I looked at the Msia shares, I noticed one of the counters I bought, prices went quite below what I paid the last time. Its kinda cheap plus there was higher no of people selling it. So I bought some. This is not exactly a good method. Which is if you had bought some shares at a higher price, then when prices fell quite a bit, you buy some to lower the average cost of the more expensive shares. Cos I went in too early around June. This method meant need to sink in more capital and have the holding power to realize the gains. It also meant buying more at cheaper prices and holding it for longer term.

Later after the trip, I login again and bought more from the same counter and also another counter. Cos of the strong SG dollar, and the low prices of the stocks, near $1. It meant instead of buying 1 lot of SG counter at $2 per share, in RM terms, that's RM$4750 which can buy slightly more than 6 lots of the Msia counter. Which means when share prices rise, the gain is multiplied by 6. Dividend is also multiplied by 6, provided its a dividend-carrying share. But I am only buying into counters that my Dad is familar with in msia. Cos didnt take time to study the counters and search for other counters like he did.

Only in the Sg market, did I foray outside his counters. Of course it dont feel good to be holding shares in RM cos it meant having less SGD but in the event sold off the shares, I shall just use that amount as the malaysia share investment capital and try to grow it. Hope dont have to pump more SGD to it. Unfortunately SG stocks are still quite expensive despite the huge fall earlier. It had now gone up some, I was still waiting for more downside then it went up. Now just observing at the sideline. If some of the counters fall near my target price then I may buy to lower the average cost.

No comments: