Thursday, December 11, 2008

A whole series of "incidents"

Yesterday started seemingly innocent...

#01 - Malfunctioning Body Clock
Woke up at the bloody early timing of 6.45am, in time to see my first sister, Yingel got ready for work. THEN I decided, crap, I'll just go and play my sister's maple account since mine was locked up for wrong password attempts. While playing, my younger sister, Geoky got up around 8am to get ready for work. My intention was to play until 9am then login to Poems account to monitor and buy this lot of share that had fallen to my target price the day before. BUT cos I went to work and had errands on the way home, I couldnt rush home in-time to key in an order. The order didnt go through.

Back to the story.

#02 - Costly decision
I ended delaying the logout for Maple until by the time I finished, it was 9.30am. And when I login to Poems as planned, that counter price had shot up 6cents from my targeted price. I was feeling "WTF!!!!!" (1 cent in share pricing world meanst $10, since I had wanted to buy 2 lots to dilute earlier holdings, it meant $120 difference)

"OMG, Mapling has cost me an investment opportunity!" I was telling my bro but still keyed in my order at my target price and just left it there. "I've got the whole day to wait for this price to fall."

#03 - Sudden Rush
Later fell asleep and woke up near 2pm, the time to go to the temple. Suddenly I recalled that I hadnt bought Tab's christmas tree yet. Wanted to do that the day before but I was rushing back from work, doing errands on the way to reach home in time before the stock market closed. It wasnt along the way so I had deferred getting it to the next day, only to fall asleep... Then I told my mom and bro to wait at home while I walked damn fast to Ginza to buy the bloody cheapo thing once and for all and walked fast home. Still it took 20mins under the hot sun... Ass

#04 - A samurai and his sword
Reached home and wanted to set out then Mom not going cos she didnt feel well. Me and bro carried the big bags of scriptures, teachings and CDs, discs to take a cab to put at the temple for devotees to pick up. I had my bag, with the Tree half sticking out of it and my Jap book inside. After settling that, we prayed and made some donations and walked towards the nearest MRT station. We walked past UE square, SwissMerchant Hotel, through Liang Court, through Clark Quay, to the Clark Quay MRT. The destination was to go to Suntec cos it was 3plus then and I needed to reset my Mapling account cos it was locked up. Transferred at Outram and reached Suntec after walking through CityLink. Just plain ordinary right?

Wrong! I was walking with half of the christmas tree sticking out of my bag slung on my back. I would think I somewhat resembled a warrior carrying a half-assed green tree in-place of my sword on my back... Walking past those malls with the Christmas tunes dont help to lighten the burden (in case you are wondering about my language, or the lack of it, watching 2 seasons of South Park does wonders to the vocabulary)

#05 - Walk through newness
Took the lift up to the E-life area, cos never did it before and saw a whole area of shops that sells electronic stuff. We amused ourselves when we walked past some laptops and two of them had this photo program with camera that puts pirate hats and american football hats over your face.

After settling the account, we walked around the Suntec area, looking at the actual swords on display in Caesars, looking at the arcade and noticed there's a small archery gallery that offers a dozen arrows for $4.50. Damn, saffra in Tampines has an archery range, not any other saffra in my area, though I wonder how am I going to get in to saffra, being a Malaysia and all?

Later treated my bro to MOF, where I duly signed up for membership. Cos in Ginza, they are going to open 2 outlets, the dessert one which opened and the Qian Long Cha Fang, maybe is cheena food. Then we headed back on the train which is cramped full of office workers on the way back from work.

#06 - Coldness and Shivering
Arrived for Jap class rather on time and handed the Tree over to Tab who then proceeded to use it as a "Whose Line is it Anyway" prop to irritate me. Use a given prop, think of all sort of uses for it and act it out. She had numerous uses for it and enjoyed irritating me, though I did think of shoving it up her ass if she continued. Besides that type of 'coldness', it was actually very cold. Felt cold in Suntec, in Jap and later in Orchard road. Even the bus back was cold and the night air was chilly.
________________________________________

Today pleasantly surprised when I login to Poems and found that my trade DID go through, and I did get 2 lots at my price, and Mapling didnt cost me an opportunity. Now the stock price has actually gone up a bit and for once, I am sitting on slight paper profits. The stock market this week is going higher. Is it a irrational excuberance as mentioned in the newspaper or is it a sign of investor confidence or a sign of recovery?

No comments: