Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Answers

To the question of quitting this June,

Answer: Dont, stay on

To the question of marriage and settling down in 5 years.

Answer: Lotus in firey pond (candle's previous qian) err think no hope

To the question of going back to help brother, keep an eye.

Answer: Mind your own biz.

Okay... I need to find things to keep me occupied and lower stress to last until end of this year. Then go there to qiu qian again with regards to quitting.

Incidentally many times didnt get to start the qian cos Guan Ying didnt give me a positive go-ahead until many tries of asking. Even then, the qian that drop out also many times then can get the 'correct' one.

Later going to see sinseh, and he will continue interpreting the qian answers.
________________________________________________

Wow, yesterday was really a long and fruitful Saturday. Did a number of things. Including getting mistakened by cleaner who thought I diritied the floor eating the Yellow Fella fries and gave me a dirty look while she cleaned up. For the record, there's wolf-berries on the floor, NOT salsa topping which was incidentally red also on my fries. I decided not to let her misunderstanding ruin my day. Just put it aside as an amusing incident.

Met up with Candle where we proceeded to go the Guan Ying temple. We did our qian and got our answers, though, I would really have like to QUIT. But better follow the advice. Then we headed to buy 4D and Toto using the numbers gotten. Next we headed to the Illuma, a new shopping building which, resembles a box with lots of cheap pentagons and stars being 'sticked' on. We headed in cos there was human traffic, hence it must be open already.

Its quite big, with 6 floors. There is a very new arcade with new games and stuff, a movie theatre, Mahatten fish, some other restaurants, but no food court yet. About 30% of the stores were occupied and opened for biz. We ate at this HK restaurant/cafe having 20% discount. Had 海龙王炒饭 and Candle ordered Claypot rice and siew mai. The verdict, the fried rice and claypot are good. Siew mai, not so. Then we walked around, and went to Otaku and Comic connection. I bought 4 key chains, one of which is a Cat's claw with the words '招财' on it to replace my Chibi Cai Shen which droppped(Anyone sees any Cai Shen keychain, please help me buy. Thanks) Oh it lights up when a mobile phone is in use not just anytime. LoL.

We walked in and out of some fashion shops, the offerings are different from Far East but didnt buy others. Then we made our way back to Bugis where Candle bought Uzumaki icecream. I was too full to eat any. We headed to Orchard by bus and headed to Shaw Lido to stone and wait for Tab who was still MIA. Before she arrived, we were discussing about stocks, the qians, animes and others. After some time, all of us headed to Borders to make use of the coupon, 30% discount, further 10% with my membership card which is with Tab....

At first didnt know that even for discounted items, can use the coupons, so looked around for full-priced items but I didnt have 3 books. Later when Quetzal came, she also decided to buy a book. She needed some help to look for financial related books and frankly I dont really know much about, cos the few I read were loaned from the library. The rest is from Technical Analysis book and reading SGX news and announcements, Shares Investment plus read Annual Reports.

I went over to look at the Financial section, took up 3-5 books ranging from Commodity trading, Forex, Futures, Stocks, Current debt problem and Finanical Problem in US explanation, looked through the content page, find a sub-section and read through to see if they really offer insight.

OMG! Some are so condensed until its nothing much relevant esp those that supposedly is trying to explain the Current Financial Crisis. It starts with some crap about current crisis, the stereo-typed/generalization of the causes, then heads off to give a History of all the fianancial crises from the past to the present. I didnt even reach the end, cos there isnt much.

Even worse are those supposed teaching you how to invest, in FX, Futures, Stocks, Commodities. Some are as simple as just giving you Textbook answers and definition. 'What is a hedgeing?' It is locking in the prices of the commodity at a fixed price cos XYZ needs it in the future say, 6months time and wants to protect his supply.... I could get those by borrowing from the library.

Others would start off saying you need to save. Save a portion then use it to invest. Then talk about the investor mindset and the general thing about falling for the greed trap, excuberance etc. That's about it.

OMFG! At least for the 6 or so titles, I dont see much of Strategies. Buy-in strategies, Criterias and Forumlas to select companies, assess the results, trading strategies, selling strategies. These are just more of the same repackaged points from books I had read earlier from borrowing from the library. I was so thoroughly disgusted. I think there are such books out there, but you seriously need to look through such books before buying. Btw, I should go read the other half of Technical Analysis, and the book by the 'Zhen Yuan Chang' to find out more concete Stategies.

Then I remembered my sister telling me that Warren Buffet actually has a book that the forumla and criterias he used for stock selection are listed. That my sister actually used those to select her portfolio of stocks. But I cant remember the title, cos I didnt read that book. Quetzal came with a book about Warren Buffet which I saw before on my sister's shelf. But I dunno its contents, dunno if its the book. Later looking through, thank god Borders allows browsing, its more of an autobiography. I called my sister to provide the title of that book as well as the book written by Warren Buffet's master. Then Quetzal bought the correct copy of ' Buffetology', not the 'New Buffetology'. Hopefully it will help her in the journey of investing. So Tab is heading down with more printed coupons to buy the remaining discounted books at a further discount.

We took a long while Borders and headed to eat at NYDC. After that was too tired to continue. I went back, practiced some guitar and knocked out. It is refreshing to have a longer Saturday, achievable by heading out much ealier, cos it makes the day longer, one can see the sun more, before its night.

Meeting around 5pm or so seriously makes the day shorter cos most likely is lazing around at home before heading out. Weekday timing cos of work is understandable BUT for the precious weekend, its better to stretch it from the early afternoon than to stretch into the wee hours of the Sunday. Better for the body?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, lotus in a fiery pond (such stylish description for a bad situation) Kudos to the Mandarin language.

1390