Thursday, April 02, 2009

To Sell or Not to Sell, what will it be?

Think need to re-examine my trigger to sell plus selling strategy.

Today the sg market strongly rebounded. Suddenly I am sitting on quite a large paper profit. Then suddenly I am unsure if I should start selling cos still havent reached my target price.

Again I am faced with decisions...

-Start selling now to pocket the gains in case market falls next week.

-Wait a bit more to target, have patience, hope to sell off even higher at target price to reap bigger profits.


The thing about this paper profit, is that to realize them, I have to sell off most of my stocks on hand. Then not invested anymore. But it is a rather big gain... Argh my head hurts from calculating all the scenarios and trying to make decisions.

Today I am unable to login cos was out very very early. Only saw this development after I login when I returned home from swimming. Tom I will monitor the 'live' prices and make some decisions on the spot.
_________________________________________

DIVESTING Strategy

Incidentally been thinking of 'divesting' certain stock counters. Cos I thought they were undervalued and went in hopeing for a quick buck. In the end, its only one counter that had such quick gain. The rest, locked up the capital. Resulted in less of Volume effect in my main counters.

Now comes the dilemna, how much gains before I divest these counters?

-Should I wait for it to reach target prices then divest?

-Should I divest it at a lower target price to recover capital for re-investment purposes asap?

-What if it hasnt reached even the lowered target price, should I just sell off for some gains, then reinvest?


_________________________________________

Its been a damn long, exhausting week. If I am alone feeling tired, maybe its just me. But if it is very rampant amongst collegues, then I guess its not just an individual problem. Its a systemic one.

No comments: