Monday, April 13, 2009

早起的鸟儿有虫吃

The early bird catches the early worm.

Yep at least this is true for the stock market.

After at least 6 months of trading. I've noticed that share prices tend to go up quite early in the morning. Meaning, from 9am onwards to 9.50am region, good prices can be reached within the narrow band of 1hour from the start of trading. In fact there are times when I've missed the good prices and then during the rest of the morning and afternoon up to the end of the trading day, prices either remain or at times dont reach back to some of the higher prices experienced at the start.

Today the market is still up. Made a sell transaction after I login and saw the prices near 9am. It had hit into the target prices I had set and written down in the book. Decided to sell off Two lots to realize more profits so can hold out for the next higher price at the next target price. In fact this was the only 'feel-good' thing that kinda made my day.

Recently I have been selling off stocks. The ones I am selling off are the 'profitable' ones. There are those on hand that are just reaching break-even prices but not much price movement. I am looking out for BUY-IN opportunities, since selling off the ones meant I have capital back on hand. Just wish opportunities can come quickly. Sometimes impatient for price movements. Missed a GREAT opportunity the last time from over-investment. Will try to remember that lesson and not make the same mistake.
_______________________________________________

Started work on a negative note. Kept asking myself why was I doing that... Another 2 months to freedom and decision-time. For now I havent made other plans nor preparations beside the stock market, eg resume, skills to acquire, courses to look at, other employment options.

The only thing more concrete is the plan to study for upcoming Jap test, practice guitar, read Chpt 10 and finally after Wednesday, I can play my PSP, pataponing, play PS2 Kingdom Heart. That sounds good.

No comments: