Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Timeline for freedom, what's keeping me back?

My mom told me to consider deferring my thoughts of quitting to maybe the end of the year. Her worry cos the swine flu sweeping the globe might dampen the economic recovery so finding a job is not that easy.

I appreciate her thoughts. But I dont really intend to look for a job immediately. Though I have also been pondering about the timeline to do so.

Previously was July/Aug period. Now considering Sept/Oct period even til the end of the year. Why the deferrment? Well its the reserve level. I have not built up the reserve level to 12 months income yet. To do that, without touching my investment funds, would take me up another 7 months of saving up. Starting from next month, up to end of Oct. Cos included 1/2 month bonus.

Hmmm... wonders why am I getting hesistent? Is it worries about finding a job later on, worries about paying insurance which is about $4.5k or worries that 12 months income is not enough...

Signz when will it ever be enough? To work until you are 50s, then retrenched, then decide that THAT would be your break? Signz what is worrying me?

I have to really decide nearer to the date of FREEDOM. Maybe its jitters. Think I would give it deeper thoughts during the June break, hopefully win big big, or meet some rich guy in Macau.
_______________________________________________

More stock counters that I am monitoring have the faster MA cross the slower MA and the closing price is below the slower MA. 6 counters have hit 1/3 retracement. Amongst them, 4 have hit 1/2 retracement. 1 has hit 2/3 retracement. I used the calculated prices for retracement as buy-in cues now. I buy-in around the 1/2 retracement prices.

Though I had just bought into CapLand, at a pricey $2.45, for me, its cause I still have capital released from previous round of selling, so I start buying cos it has hit my first buy-in target price. Of course there is still more room to fall. Maybe there would be more. Also I wanna buy in for the dividends, plus also to have some for maybe medium term investments instead of trading ones. I am waiting to buy more at the next lower set buy-in prices.

Start monitoring the market for buy-in opportunities. You would have to decide, how low is cheap enough for you and when prices hit that level, are you going to buy, or wait some more? Its really something no one can teach you. You have to do some hands-on, mistakes and self-doubts for such decisions. Maybe you made the right decision to wait/buy, or wrong one where prices fell further. Its something you have to live with. Dont play up on your mistakes, just learn from it, cos we are not living in 6/6 hindsight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1390

Well ,thats life. Life is easy when young. Everything has a target, tangible number or purpose to hit or achieve. Achievements are measured against such external rulers.

Come uni graduation, such rulers become vague and the attachment to such rulers manifest themselves as the vague nagging doubts that haunt our head-on-the-pillow-before-going -to-sleep-time.

Thus we must set standards for ourselves. No one can tell or designate what or how high these standards must be. As apples are to apples, oranges are to oranges. Advice for one is poison to another. At the end of the day, just visualize what the end of your life will be like and work backwards.

Having a beach house with lots of time to spend and working at home, reading through investments and doing online trading.(End result)

Thus work it backwards to the choices in your current days.