Friday, May 01, 2009

Hesisitation vs Resolved

One moment I was hesistating, the next I am resolved.

Why?

Cos the crap that I've gone through this week, seriously made me reconsider the deferrment part. If I go on like this, can literally 'die'. Not only unrealistic deadline, low sentiments and tonnes of crap. Why those work places I am at are so crappy. Plus I am not the only one feeling this way about it. So that alone validates this. Its not just ME and my negativity.

Seriously what do I have to lose? Except an income stream.

True enough I have only made gains in the stock market that only matches 20% of my last year's income. I personally think this is not a bad result so far. Plus I only put in a fraction of the time I used at work.

As I was talking to Candle yesterday, I treat the money used as 'employees' or 'soldier' pieces. Its me versus the rest. Its my decisions, perceptions, judgement that determines the outcome. I am empowered in this sense. I dont have to listen to crap from others, do stupid stuff just because they say so, though I do listen to my dad when he mentions about his reading of the charts. Though at times, I ignore too, esp when he mentions cash is king but then I was already invested.

Think dont lose too much for a break. At least I can spend time at home with aged parents, keep them company for a period of time. Rediscover oneself, rekindle the spirit. Then at most if later on rejoin if possible, depending on whether I am ready to face this crap again.

For the earning of alternative income, there is still 8 months to go before book closure. I am making some in-roads to the initial self study of Technical analysis, finished the Charting techniques and now into the Wave theory. I am beginning to use the Moving Average to look out for buy or sell opportunities. Also my monitoring of prices still continue.

Surprisingly this 'correction' that was had most counters having 1/3 retracement, went up over Wed and Thur. Didnt have enough time to buy-in more. I was just getting started with buying-in. Only made 2 buys in 2 counters. Still the number of shares I've bought cannot enjoy the Volume effect cos I was waiting for a 2nd buy-in timing. Nevermind, now prices rising, see if can sell off soon.

But over this long weekend, just heard of Chrysler's bankruptcy. That might send jolts over investor's confidence. Prices may fall - depending on how much, maybe a buy-in opportunity, if prices continue to rise, look out for selling opportunities as long as reach target prices.
________________________________________

On the other hand, I find, I need to set aside part of the Investment cash capital for a Cash Long Term Portfolio. Currently its purely counters in the CPF fund. Think for the current portfolio of shares, there are some undervalued blue chips that would do well if I can have some and keep for Longer Term. Eg Capital Land was $7.06 on 5th May 2008. Now it was $2.43 just two days ago. It closed on Thur at $2.76. Think its good to buy in cheap and then keep for longer term. If it can hit $6, earn $$3240.

The underlying consideration is that WHAT IF it takes 3 years to reach those levels. So gains of $3240/3 = $1080 per year. Too little. Maybe can make more with trading it in the cycles and having more capital, can employ the Volume effect to achieve greater gains. I made about $4k selling off my CapLand shares in the previous uptrend. That was with volume effect. Signz didnt buy enough this time. Hoping for a pull-back to buy-in. Things are dynamic.

*Disclaimer
I am NOT telling anyone to buy Capital Land, I am just using it as an example cos its one of the counters in my cash portfolio. PLUS past performance CANNOT GURANTEE future returns. Take my example with a big pinch of salt.

No comments: