Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Signz... Work Sucks, Stocks Yay!

At the work front, things have gone to a really ugly state with stupid procedures set up and kept in place. Ask me personally for details. The bottom line "IT SUCKS!" Then I have alot of marking to do. Dabao back, not efficient, mark at most 1 stack. Then go in earlier, end up with more stupid crap that cant use the time to mark. It meant work is piling up instead of reducing. It means stress to return in time for revision. Bottom line "WORK SUCKS! BIG TIME!"
_________________________________________

At the more exciting and challenging stock market front, however things look for rosy. Just within 2 days, prices for some counters have soared to dazzaling heights. I had started selling off my remaining stocks. Today was no exception. I managed to sell off 2 more orders of current shares to realize the gains (Happy Happy HB, Happy Happy HB)

BUT my strategy to buy that penny stock today was thwarted. Opening prices went higher than all my 3 order prices and remained high until market closed. It meant none of my 3 large orders for the penny stock got executed. Never mind, I will re-key those 3 orders tonight at 12am, adjust upwards 1st order by 1cents. Hope it gets filled.

Been selling off my shares, some I sold off earlier in first round of selling up to early April. Then before I can buy back those, prices shot up. So now selling off those on hand. My capital are getting released back to me with gains too. If I do not re-invest when opportunity strikes, it may mean another round of Ups and Downs Cycle and having to wait at the side lines. Need that penny stock to make up next wave of Selling.

Also this 2 days are dividend X dates. Previously if a dividend is announced and approved, the word CD appears beside the share counter. Eg (CD) ABC company. So once the cut-off date is reached, the word XD appears beside the counter. EG (XD) ABC compnay. What this meant is that if I buy a counter with the word XD beside it, it meant I WONT get the dividend. I was too late to buy the share.

So a simple trade strategy would be to Sell a stock after its XD, if prices are good. You already are going to get the dividend, then if got capital gains, can sell off for gains on both ends.
For buyers, the strategy would be to consider buying into a XD stock because usually the stock price will fall by the same amount as the dividend to reflect the loss of dividends. Hence if prices fall further than the dividend, it could be a buy opportunity.

The market is very strong today. How so? Cos I have 2 counters that are XD today. Prices fell less than the dividend amount and even rose back to yesterday high and even exceed yesterday's prices. This reflects strong buy-in by other investors. They are bullish about the market. I am now going contary to them, I am selling off to get the gains. Also earning the dividends. Tom I consider selling off one more counter.

No comments: