Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hair and Cds

This weekend, I decided to cut my hair.

I did it today cos didnt have time yesterday. My sister wanted to go to the same salon I had been going to. (Cos mainly there is this Shuai Ge stylist there) That guy had cut my hair once and I like his version of my hair. Of course its more pricy than the usual neighbourhood salons. Imagine $16 versus $35 for haircut with wash. But compared to downtown $55 for the same plus have to travel all the way down, plus if I am happier with the results, I am okay with it.

So after much cajoing by my anxious sister, I called up and ask for appointment and specifically asked for the Shuai Ge plus one other stylist, instead of just walk-in. In between the timing, I had gone for lunch downstairs and had the internet cable guy trying to verify the weakness in signal for my MaxOnline.

We headed there. Since didnt want to wait for both to be cut by him, so got the Shuai Ge to cut for my sister, I let another male stylist cut. I just pointed to my aged picture and say "cut this, but not too short fringe or sides"

Happier with the final results, cos the same guy cut for me the other time but too 'guyish'. My sister was chatting happily with the Shuai stylist. Later she say he's not that shuai, mainly because he has a very nice j-rockish hairstyle. Well a good hairstyle can accentuate the look.

She got a femine hairstyle near the pic that she brought along.

Then after, we headed to Jurong Point to walk around. I went to the Music Junction Multimedia, to search out anime and game soundtrack. I found some more after sieving through the small collection.

Bought 5 albums, The Black Mages III- darkness and starlight (a remix of FF songs), FFVI orginal soundtrack, FFVII before crisis and after crisis, More Friends (the orchestral concert from 2005) and Castlevania soundtrack. All these for $99.50

I hear the sounds of cash registers ringing as I spent more than $150 today in a day for hair and CDs. I still feel both are okay. Mainly is that the haircut is still affordable, at most I eat out less for one day, plus I cut only every 2-3 months, so its alright. Cds can be kept and re-listened to. They create happier moods and songs to mark certain parts of your life. Hence its very worthwhile.

Am going to swim later near 7.30pm. Cos my weight has gone up to 66.5kg. I really need to swim twice a week to lose and maintain in 65kg region. Think to lose more weight, have to up to 3 times. That is a challenge cos of hectic work but with the hols, think it should be do-able.

No comments: