Monday, May 11, 2009

Temples visiting and praying

Due to the unpleasant incident, I had decided to bring forward my decision.

Then internally I am in a dilemna, its not so much that I love the job. Its the predictability of the income, and more the ambiguous next step to take that troubles me.

Went to Guan Ying Temple to ask for 1 qian about quitting this job. The qian is not really what I want to hear. It is somewhat asking me to wait cos I am not ready. I am wondering inside, wait for what? wait until when? Unfortunately qians are like this, they dont give you a flat out answer. I have to pray more to GuanYing cos its not a good qian.

When is the 'right' time?
When bond is over?
When I have $30k in the bank for reserve?
Until the end of the year?
When I get the Connect plan in 1.5yrs more time?

I am not really convinced to stay on. My time horizon is still set on that timing for now until something convinces me otherwise.

My apologies to Candle, have to cancel the Movie outing tonight. Another day. At least now I have finished the temple visiting part. Need to be more pious and dilligent in this aspect and also give thanks when the worst is over.
_________________________________________

On the stock market part, I am doing my best. Focusing my efforts in monitoring, making strategies, targets, even cautious selling off. Even started reading the Zhen Yuan Chang's book of "7 knowledges for Investment" which is in Chinese. But its written in an easily understandable manner that its quite enjoyable reading it.

Early this morning, I sold off 2 lots of one share counter and am left with 1 counter only. Then headed out to the temple. When I was looking at the market, prices started wobbling at the opening prices. Luckily sold off the 2 lots cos by the time I returned around 4pm, prices had fallen by 11 cents, aka $110. (1 cent = $10)

Then looking across the counters I had previously bought into and then sold off, now placed under "Buy-In" page, prices seems to have started falling. For my final counter, I decided to sell off half. Its at a small profit of less than $500. The rationale is that I want to free up the capital locked inside. Yes unlock it with a little bit of gains, so that IF the market turns, I have MORE capital to invest. Even buy back the same shares at a lower price. BUT I am not sure where exactly is the market heading. This is just my preparation for the worse outcome. If market went up instead, at least I still have 5 lots invested. Something like that.

No comments: