Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am not that pro but... then again...

I rushed to Borders last night after jap class. Tab wasnt feeling good that by the time the bus reached orchard, she passed me back my card and hailed a cab home. I headed to Burger King to grab my dinner. Ate it rather quickly and went to the I-shop but it was already closed. I was looking at the price of a 16Gb I-Touch at a cost of $498.

Hmm if I get it, can claim about $300 cos I had claimed a bit. Better get it all at once. At most, I top up the difference $200. Hmm then what was I going to do with it?

Hmm I have wireless at home, can surf without having to switch on my lap top. Something like that lor. So think this weekend, then I go and get it.

Then when I looked through the entire section of the Border's shelves about Stocks, looking for Elliot's Wave Theory, cant find. Saw my dad's book of Technical analysis by the same guy, seling for $180. Wow, my dad bought his many many years ago, around the same price. But its not that detailed about the waves.

I admit, there are many other financial knowledge that I am not good in, eg options, warrants, economic, nor can I claim to have earn millions from my own get-rich fast investment way. In fact there were so many books, teaching easy, fast, ways to invest. Cos it made them money and lots of it. Most of the books I flipped through dont fit what I wanted to read more about. Think would have to look through the National libraries instead. And also read that Chinese version.

My gains pale in comparision to theirs. But it works for me. I am not looking for instant rich ways, though I wouldnt mind if those are not frauds trying to earn my money instead. I am looking to develop my own, allow me to become 'rich' eventually, very much hopefully generate my Primary income and become my 'job' type of goal.

A simple calculation to illustrate this point -

Starting with 1, representing the investment capital.

Multiply by 20% => Year 1 - 1.2, Year 2 - 1.44, Year 3 - 1.728, Year 4 - 2.07

Multiply by 30% => Year 1 - 1.3, Year 2 - 1.69, Year 3 - 2.197

Multiply by 40% => Year 1 - 1.4, Year 2 - 1.96

The point I am driving at is that, if I can keep this up, of course needs more expertise to make better judgement. Within 2-4 years, maybe could double the investment capital. Wow, that is an achievement in itself. Think I will be happy with that too.
___________________________________________

Then today so lagi stoned. Non-stop all the way... plus went in earlier. Crap. I feel so stoned now.

Stock market showing signs of teethering? Maybe the spore economic news is starting to affect, things remain to be seen. Have to monitor closely tom and next week. Patience and refrain.

Went swimming after work. Was very very stoned. Was very very hungry. Ate something light, then went to swim 12 laps. Didnt get any appendix, phew. Then headed back, ate like a hungry pig, wolfing down two small bowls of rice, several goreng pisang, fried ubi.

Watched a bit of american idol and then went online. Finished updating stock market. Overall just very very stoned tired. My sister is very down, but I cant take off... Sian. Can only give some advise, reassurance. And hope for the best. I better go temple to pray asap.

Think the last 2 things to do today is to practice guitar and then read the Wave theory book. Very stoned now. Crap, its almost 12am again...

No comments: