Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weight 65.7kg and rated Obese

Yes! Today I am 65.7kg, though I weighed just 3 days ago and was 67.4kg. Phew!

But I am OBESE. Based on the brand new weighing scale bought. Its one that can measure Body Fat levels and cost $50.

The story started when my sister, Yingel decided that she wanted to know her body fat levels, cos her weight loss has stagnated. Her coach was telling her that if one loses weight very fast, it could be due to losing water and not fats. The only sure way was to monitor the Body Fat levels. When she told me that, I told her that there are such weighing scales that can measure but not sure how much it costs. Also to go outside to clinics/centres just to get your body fat levels measured would set you back easily $30. That was that until a few days later, I walked past a nearby electronic store and saw a weighing scale that can measure Body Fat. We decided to share the cost, each $25.

I programmed it with user codes and input information like height, age. Then stepped on it. My weight is 65.7kg, my body fat is 32.3%, ie 21.2kg of my weight is fat. The range for a fit person is 14% to 24%, for acceptable is 25% to 31%. Technically I am a bit off for the acceptable level. But I am not aiming for the acceptable level. I aim for the fit level. Thats about 5.5kg of fats to lose. If I can drop 5kg more, I am back to JC, Uni days weight liao. Think by then I should be leaner. Noticed my arms are getting more toned. Need to keep my weight in this 65kg region and go downwards. Jia You!

My sister has googled about body fat levels. There is no other way to lose it except to drop excess weight with strength training. Swimming has strength training component built in cos you push against the water, so there is resistance training involved. I shall just stick doggedly to it.
_______________________________________________

On the stock market front, the stress stess in the US is a piece of positive news. In today's newspaper there is an article about the V shape recovery thingy. There maybe a pull-back. Please monitor prices for this pull-back and consider entering the market. For me, the plan next week is to monitor remaining 2 counters and sell off when prices are favourable. Also to monitor for Pull back to enter the market with my funds.

On the Money Management front, I have calculated my investment funds amount. Also this excludes my personal reserve that is the money that will last me when I lose my job. I will try to make that reserve fund $30k but judging from the bringing forward of my resignation, it would mean a few thousand shortfall. Nevermind that, I try to spend less these couple of remaining months.

Of the Investment funds, I will allocated in 50%-20%-30% mix. 50% is used for active trading, ie in short term to medium term investment. 20% is for long term investment. 30% is share reserve, for things like Rights issue, even sharper fall in the prices, to avoid the 'over investment' trap.

Then I calcuated the monetary amounts respectively and also calculated the number of shares that I target to buy for the Active Funds, LT Funds, within the constraints of the monetary amounts they represent. Eg I intend to buy 2 CapLand for LT, 6 for ST to MT. So when I start selling off in the next wave, I will sell a max of 6 lots of CapLand. The remaining 2 I wont touch. Something like that cos I dont want not to be invested and at the sidelines like now, with only 2 counters left. It bothers me that I dont have much LT investment that can grow for at least 5 years.

That's the plan so far. Its been an evolution from gradually just deciding on Counter and Buying Price alone, to setting target for Selling, to deciding on portfolio investment methods, to MA analysis, to now more Money Management methods. Think I need to develop even more sophisticated methods to safe-guard my investment capital. I cannot afford to lose big and long in this game. I want to take calculated risk, within my means, to make sure I can get returns that can match and even exceed my current pay. So far for April and May, I have achieved income greater than my current salary. Its for Jan til March, that it didnt reach my current pay. The average so far is about $3.3k per month, with May still in progress. Though good times like this wont last but IF I can earn this year's and next year's income. Then I have a peace of mind about living expense and stuff. That would free up more time for other pursuits and can lemme be FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT. That's my goal.

No comments: