Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Exact Stock counters in my Portfolio

For those who are interested in my exact portfolio of stock counters, you can ask me personally for it. Dont worry, I will tell you the names of all the counters I have invested in so far.

BUT I would like to add a disclaimer or two. First, these counters are identified by my own personal investment criteria and needs. Hence I sieved through and identified certain counters. Some I chanced upon and added on. Some I invested in the same counters as my Dad who also has a different set of investment criteria. Therefore IF you want to follow suit and follow these counters, you do so at your own risk especially if your investment criteria and style differs from ours.

Second, the financial maxim "Past performance does not gurantee future performance", hence even IF I had made money, doesnt mean you WILL automatically earn money once you invest in the same counters. Its about the financial viability of the company, price that you buy-in at, your investment targets, your holding power that determines your gains. Seriously I wont go and ask you to buy or sell. I am not a financial analyst to make such buy or sell calls.

My only advice is that you have to do your homework. Check up the assets and liabilities of the company from the Annual report in SGX webpage. Sieve through the information, past dividend, past results, past earnings, past stock prices and even monitor current prices to make an INFORMED decision with your own hard-earned money. The worst is to take a gamble blindly and lose it.

The thing, I wont reveal is exactly how much I have in my investment capital. Money is a sensitive issue and better kept hushed up. If you know what I mean. Furthermore after the loss of my primary income which is very soon, I would have to rely on this secondary income plus my reserves to see me through much uncertainties. So the days of having dual income is going to be over really soon, I would be much 'poorer' by having only one uncertain source of income, as in the amount is not fixed nor guranteed.

No comments: