Friday, April 03, 2009

Divestment decision made easier

My divestment decision of one of the stocks is made easier by looking at the Annual Report. This particular counter, I am getting a 16.5% gain and had wanted to sell it off. Then these few days, I've been receiving many annual reports from quite a number of companies.

Last nite, looked at the report for that company, saw that they are proposing a Share Buy-back which is good for share prices BUT they are also proposing a Dividend Reinvestment Scheme which may result in share dilution cos shares are issued instead of dividend. Given that I am not getting so much dividend that they can give it to me in 1 full lot of share, so most likely is odd lots. Which requires capital inflow.Dunno what to do with odd lots, either have to sell it off, or have to buy more shares to make these odd lots into full 1000 share lots.

So today, login to sell off the share. Managed to sell off 3 lots, I put the other 2 lots at 1 cent higher then suddenly prices went down 6 cents. Finished putting in the order to sell. Now just watching. Lemme look out for other sell opportunities.
_________________________________________

This rise in share prices is welcomed cos this is already the 6th month of active managing my own share portfolio though I only started selling in January. So far I have made a bit of gains, starting in Jan, every month though 1-2 sell transactions.

Work sucks and I am seriously feeling lost about the 'staying on' decision, so earning bigger gains in the stock market would boost my confidence as well as reassure me that if I am unemployed, I can still have a source of income, now set at $20-25k target. Though not earning that much yet, it feels good to be able to sell off at a gain every month. Its like something gradually working towards the goal. At least this takes my attention and focus it more constructively.

No comments: