Friday, August 07, 2009

Multi-tasking, doing many things

Yesterday night, after my dad drove me home with my stuff, I helped him to fry the fish fingers he bought.

Today is a rather busy day. I woke up around 9.30am, a bit overslept and headed to the bank to transfer money around the bank accounts. Basically I want to top up my main account to $30k and any living expenses and general expenses, I would use this account. The other remainder amount of money left is my share reserve capital. I also drew out my insurance premiums to put into the bank account specially for insurance payment. So all the above is done.

Then after I came home, and was updating my excel files, I noticed a transaction which I dont remember. Think I have to go the bank to enquire on Monday. Seriously I dont remember paying that amount via ATM. Better go and find out.

Then after my banking, I came home, talked to Mom to cheer her up, talked to Dad a bit also so he wont be lonely. Online to look at stock prices and playing that city-building game. Halfway through got bored, started doing a bit of the JLPT homework. Did 2 pages of Kanji mcq while infront of the laptop.

Mom today is not doing much household chores, I helped to cover. So I headed over to the supermarket to buy some missing ingredients for dinner which I would be cooking, buy toilet paper. Came back, I put some of the veg for tom's cooking. Then around 4pm, I started preparing dinner.

The agenda, a pasta, sausage and a brinjal experimental dish which I tried the last time.

Pasta was simple in the sense, its boiling it. BUT there are some extra stuff to do to make it nice. First have to boil for abt 20-30mins til its rather soft, yet not soggy. Second, once its soft enough (take one to try), pour away excess water and add cold water to cool it and then drain out. Lastly add a bit of oil to the pasta so that they wont stick together.

Sauce is simple enough in the sense that it comes in ready-made bottle. Its the nutritional aspect that needs more work. So I cubed carrots, cut up garlic, added corn starch to mince meat, cut up 2 large onions, cubed 5 boiled sausages. Then fry the garlic then onions, then minced meat until cooked throughly, poured in boiled carrot with the boiled water too (cos of vitamins in the boiling water) and then finally poured in bottle of sauce with half bottle of water. Stir throughly over small fire. Let some of the water evaporate over low fire until you are happy with the thickness of the sauce. Then its ready.

Experimental brinjal is just slicing up brinjal. Then fry with garlic and brinjal first until changes colour. Then add self-created sauce with light soya, dark soya, sugar and some corn flour to thicken. Let it simmer for 15mins. Added a bit of mince meat this time, hope it will be tastier.

Mom just showed me how to do fried long bean with eggs. Looks deceptively simple but it really taste good, if you know how to fry until the egg is slightly browned.

Okay that's my foray into cooking for today.

Tomorrow is boiling Jagong (corn) and my experimental Oyster sauce asparagus. Think Geoky is taking over the kitchen tomorrow. Dunno if I can get to taste her experimental Claypot rice :)

All these to help let mom have a breathing space so she can be less stressed since she is rather stressed out. Better do more household chores to help out.

Think I need a bath now before I eat dinner and go for guitar class. Will be bringing my guitar out since I go from home.

No comments: