Thursday, July 01, 2010

1st try instant cake mix

Today I helped out collegues in sorting exam papers for the subject tomorrow. Afterthat continued finishing up the resources for next week's lesson. Tomorrow would continue the resource part. By then my shoulders felt stiff cos had to use both hands extendedly in seated position but once I can put down the hands, it eased. Later after really working until we very stoned, we headed out for a 'longer lunch' as a sort of reward. Then came back and shortly it's dismissal.

Then I went up with a collegue who's baking cakes for her son's bdae this weekend and lent an oven. I brought all the ingredients oil, eggs and instant mix. Then fit started. Borrowed the mixing bowl with spatula, baking tray which my collegue helped to line with baking paper. Then I mixed in all the stuff well and poured into the tray to bake. Viola! Then need to wait for 30mins before checking if it's cooked through. Added 5 mins more cos when the toothpick poked through still came up with some stuff.

Spent the waiting time talking with the 2 local collegues. Then cake is done, took out to cool and started cutting up. Cos the tray used is rather large surface area, the cake is a bit flat and not like the pic on the box. I cut into all rectangular strips and packed half home. Don't want my family to have to eat tonnes of cake for weeks. The other half, I cut into little cubes and put at staff-room table for jap collegues to eat. They often stay until very late and are perpetually hungry, partly cos of their small bento boxes. So they will often sweep up the food that is placed there for them. The home economics teacher does whip up dishes in her free time and put there for them to eat too. Recently got a smart fly buzzing around so use plastic to wrap up. Came back to my seat and saw the collegues so busy still sorting through the exam papers. Felt a bit bad that I didn't help out but they didn't ask me after school bus dismissal so I went cooking... Also that longer lunch. Hmm tomorrow I shall be more productive at workplace.

No comments: