Friday, July 02, 2010

A "unproductive" day

Today is the 2nd and last day of exams. Again I have 0 responsibilities. I tried to do work related. I did do some and mostly finished. Then later one collegue asked for my help for invigilation only to change her mind later just before that paper. Fine so I really sat around and stone, eat plain crackers with coffee. I did offer to help but since nothing told to me, so nothing much for me. I spent a bit of time hiding out at the kitchen where a collegue is baking the birthday cake and cupcakes for her son's 1st birthday this Sat. Hid there so I dont have to sit at the very open-concept staff-room and keep looking at the laptop.

Later we headed out again for a longer lunch. So ate at IMM, Swenson 1-for-1, too much of good food for lunch. Yesterday I ate Thai express, and after assignment, though I had eaten dinner already, was hungry and ate chicken rice, eat up some canned fruits, ate some slices of the chocolate instant cake too... OMG!!! My waistline. Felt bad that I packed my gym gear into the work bag and half contemplated going to the gym straight after work, if nobody jios me. Also partly havent practiced any guitar in 2 weeks. My plan of eating soupy was dashed since head out for Swenson, I ate the Fried Chicken Cutlet. Dont think the Baked rice with cheese is any less fattening... I ate a few fries cos feeling heaty and guilty too. So I am resolved to head to gym once work hours end.

This is a departure from the usual routine of going home first to rest up, then change and head over. This time, I decide to head straight. Spend less time travelling, can have dinner, or even possible to still head out. I say, if that shopping centre at Clementi opens and there's a cinema, you can bet, I'll be there watching movies in the evenings. So dont have to head down to town especially to watch. Nothing else planned cos Quet is heading to IR's home for dinner. I dont have the bathing stuff, so after gym also sweaty... then also make her run around to meet up later after that also no point.

So guess it'll be a more stay-home friday, not that I mind, all this unproductivity is making me spend alot of time thinking that leaves me tired. The lack of music also meant, I cant hibernate the brain. Also partly tired from the running around during the week, esp for assignments. Hopefully I will play the guitar a bit tonight. Looking so forward to a hot bath, the cool bed in this type of "rainy" weather. Makes me wanna curl up and sleep. Hence the whole 'dragging' myself to gym straight after work.

No comments: