Thursday, July 01, 2010

Instant Cake Mix

My dad went to buy a box of instant mix for chocolate cake thinking that its a box of chocolate cake. Only to open it up and see that its in powder form. So I shall "Gop" and use it to do some baking at workplace. The reason is that I think I would have 0 work responsibility for the exam tomorrow and friday. That meant being Free from 8am plus all the way until 5pm. Now that's too much free time.

I would definitely use some time to finish up lesson-related stuff, even try to prepare for next week's BUT I still dont think THAT would occupy all the time. So I dont mind just using about 15mins to do up the mixture, which is bloody simple. Add water, add eggs, add oil to powder. Mix well, pour into baking tin and bake. Tada. Within an hour max, a whole slab of cake. Its really that simple cos I witness how my collegue made brownies from an instant mix with exactly the same step. So I shall start with this small project.

The 2 other cooking projects of Lychee Mojito Vodka Konnyaku Jelly and Chocolate Macarons would have to wait until I have bought the ingredients, have free time to do some experimenting.

Cosfest is this weekend at Downtown East. Tempted to go but it meant I can only make it on Sat, after guitar class and also eating lunch. But going alone, cos Tab intend to go with her df... meant also dunno if I really that keen to go alone. Granted the standard would be high and also think might really encounter students cos that's immediately after their exams (-_-)" but its only once a year. Hmm lemme think about it before weekend arrives.

Then after jap lesson today, hang a bit with Tab at Shaw, and saw this huge crowd of movie-goers. Oh... Eclipse gala premier tonight. Team Edward? or Team Jacob. My sister actually was intrigued after Part 2 came out and recorded the Part 1 via cable tv. She tried to watch it but was absolutely bored out of her mind and couldnt even reach halfway. Then she asked me how I managed to sit through Part 1. I told her I recorded on cable and was watching it in the wee hours of the morning and actually fell asleep partially. Though I did watch Part 2 with Tab. Anyway IF really given a choice, I wont choose either. My sister agrees that both are not our type. Except that in Part 2, both start taking off shirts and showing rippling bodies. Maybe if. Sure hantam by all the Twilight fans if they ever read this...

On the bus ride back, I actually met a student. Talked to him a bit and then I stoned out. Summary- I went for Jap and hang, he went for juku and going home. And tomorrow's the start of the exams. Of course in local context, its not surprising to have tuition to timing of 9.30pm plus either at home or at tuition centres. Not sure if they do the juku thing every weekday or just like once or twice a day like local tuition. That's the part that I am curious about. Will go ask collegues tomorrow.

Really need my sleep now. Tomorrow another day closer to the glorious weekend.

No comments: