Monday, June 28, 2010

2nd try Konyaku

I bought another pack of konyaku jelly mix, its lychee flavour. Bought a can of lychee, rambutan, logan and a can of rambutan with pineapple filling.

Last night, after gym and dinner. I decided to give it a try again. This time I put in 950ml of liquid, including whole can of lychee syrup. Then stirred in 2 packs of the konyaku jelly mix cos its meant for just 500ml per pack. Phew. It was much easier this time and the results looked good too. Cos while leaving the moulds to cool a bit before chucking into the fridge, some are already solidifying. Cos this time the lychee were smaller cos used another brand, put a whole lychee into a mould instead of half, so 4 moulds meant, a can is just enough to fill 2 moulds. The other 2 I used rambutan instead. Drained the rambutan syrup and just put in the rambutan fruit.

This morning, I woke and dug out the lychee and rambutan konyaku. I tasted one of each, surprisingly even though the jelly is lychee flavoured. The taste of the rambutan doesnt clash with it. But for the lychee ones, it clashed cos the konyaku lychee flavour doesnt gel with the canned lychee themselves... Okay point to remember is to use instant konyaku jelly without any flavour instead. In terms of the Q-ness, still find something missing compared to my mom's ones. Hmm...

If I have time to spare, may try out Lychee Mojito Vodka Konyaku. Havent researched the formula. May have to try different combination. Eg put lychee and mojito into the jelly, then when pouring into mould then add vodka. Or normal konyaku then later pouring into mould, add lychee, mojito and vodka. Or lychee syrup with konyaku then when pouring in, add mojito and vodka. That would need some prior preparations of ingredients, given mojito need the mint leaves, soda water and also the Mojito mixers. All those I dont have at the moment. Next cooking project, besides the one I am toying with, Chocolate Macaroons.

Hmm havent checked out those ingredients yet. One thing at a time. I have 4 periods today. 3 more to go. Quite stoned than usual, maybe its cos I didnt drink coffee. Will be drinking my Coke Zero for the caffine fix. Maybe later go out during lunch and get coffee.

No comments: