Friday, June 18, 2010

A sian day but made konnyaku

Quite sian a bit more than usual cos of certain hostile/bo hiu attitudes encountered with a few students. Don't know what I ever did to offend or just don't like the face, or the fact that I ain't one of them hence the whole big ego and they-better-than-us attitude. Not sure the exact but it seems I ain't the only one encountering this. When talked with the other local collegues, it happens to them too. So I will have to live with it though such attitudes irks us alot.

Plus the whole thing about our job responsibities cropped up again when one mgt popped in un-announced into the sec 3 class where I was at with the main teacher and saw how I only helped out in their recitation, general poor attitudes of the students in the class, it's really those students cos I have worked with that teacher in her other classes and she does a good job. So that mgt guy spoke with her for 1-2 hours at length and many a times mention me. Basically my local collegue and I actally asked our subject head for a clarification of our roles and duties shortly a few weeks after we started. Until now, still don't hear much. We really dislike them on the actual day then even 5 mins b4 then ask for a talking activities to do. Stressful cos last min also nothing unless u r asking for time-killers. So see how things play out. If you don't clarify, how do both parties know how to help each other??? I really should apply for that JET programme once registration opens.

Other than that the weather was one min hot then humid and cold then hot, triggered my problem again plus cramps so more stoned. Also this week's not been easy so quite tired already. I used a bit of my free period to make konnyaku lychee jelly. I know the theory from asking my mom quite a few times, so today did actual practical. Basically is dissolve the powder into water, then add in the lychee syrup and then put lychee into the moulds and pour in mixture, let it set in the fridge once it's cooler, then when solidified, dig out and serve. Taste good, though not as sweet or as chewy as my mom's version. It's a good 1st time. Give myself 8/10. Put into containers to bring home and lots of extra left on a plate for collegues. Dunno if they will finish? I wasn't feeling too well so didn't stay on longer, though I did stay extra time to settle the jelly and also watch collegue make a big brownie cake with her young boy for the up-coming Father's Day. Also helped to wash up. So didn't feel too good to head out for dinner and long night out. The cramps and feling of sickness so decided to head home and stay in bed. Using I-Touch to blog and stomach full of jelly, also queasy from menses, so ultimate sian way to have a Friday... I should so just have some hot soupy mee and then hibernate but my brain is active and I am rather alert...

No comments: