Wednesday, June 16, 2010

JET programme and its relevency to me

Had another rather tiring day, cos local collegue is not feeling well (the trouble with being a woman), so seeing how she's so in pain and pale. We decided to combine classes. So I was the main, she's helping out when she can. For the Sec 3, a bit of problem cos the boys started talking amongst themselves and dont really do the activity. But after I made rounds and guided them and watch them continue, at least they tried the activity once. The Sec 1 were easier to teach, cos they were cooperative and did the game and also the worksheet. So both of us did a small dolch list test to see their knowledge of common words. By the 3rd period, my collegue felt well enough to conduct her own, so she did. So finished up the Sec 2 without too much trouble or having to raise my voice. But just meant I am rather stoned.

Today is "Duan Wu Jie" or Dragon Boat Festival. So I did dabao a meat dumpling to eat-in. That was what my mom was steaming in the morning. Then also ate a cup noodle, managed to finish most of it and then went to do weekly cleaning supervision. After that, I came back and drank most of the soup and some remaining noodles from the meal and now am stoning.

Did check out the JET programme. Its the exact programme for my current working position. In fact, I think I can definitely learn more from seeing how the system works over there. Hmm a minimum of 1 year teaching stint in Japan as my current position, sounds pretty good. The pay is very good too. $3.6 Mil Yen after Taxes, which is equivalent to SGD$4.55k per month. I looked through the criteria, and think I definitely can match. The only thing is to submit and pass the interview. That I would have to call the local embassy and find out about the exact timeline for the next batch of selection. Dont mind going there, really. I am pretty much quite independent, but its mostly the lonliness factor going there alone and meeting/making transient friends.

But what is not transient? Friendship in workplace only lasts as long as work hours. After work hours, each leads different lives. When you leave or some leave, it ends. Personal friendship lasts longer but as one grows older, really have lesser and lesser friends. Also when friends get married, they have to lead their own lives too. So lasting friendship is hard to find and seemingly hard to maintain as the years go by.

Just have to see how things goes for the next few months. When the application starts, can try my luck and see where shall it lead me to?

To the land of the Cherry Blossom maybe?

No comments: