Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kani Dance

Tab wanted to soak in the whole disco party atmosphere before the term started for her. That meant I relented and we headed to Clark Quay area after Jap class, to eat at Nectarie, the strudel and tea.

So we did. We walked from Raffles City mrt and walked past the Clark Quay touts, passed many football screenings and on the way, there's this "happening" underpass. It has flashing disco lights. Cos just before we walked right into the disco underpass, the conversation topic was about crabs, the Indo style crabs that Tab ate recently.

Then once we entered, Tab started her "Kani Dance", dui dui, to the left, to the right, open and close the pincers. Well I did join in and told her she should do that the next time she goes to the disco. We 'reverted' back to normal once we stepped out of that underpass.

I still ordered a Red Wine Pear strudel and Strawberry cream tea. Its been quite a long while since we've been there. The last time was once just after AnD's wedding where she and Tab agreed to go clubbing after Jap class. I cant remember the date. Then we talked and talked about some stuff, work, looks, money, etc etc.

Tab was nice enough to walk with me to my bus stop for a change. Usually I walk with her to the cab stand, then I walked to find my way home. So hopped on a 143 bus and sat on a long ride home. Really dozed off on the journey. Woke up twice to check location. First time, near Haw Par Villa area. The next time I did, its just nice at my stop. Lucky.

Reached home and my dad has gone back to Msia. Mom and sisters are not asleep yet. They were up to near 1am. I did fall asleep very quickly once I put in the Naruto dvd and let it play out, very low volume. By the time I woke up to switch it off and due to being cold, its already 6.15am. Went back to sleep until the alarm rang at 7am.

Its off to work but still feeling sleepy or tired. I think partly is the not-used to have to work so many weeks in a row. The usual was 10 weeks per term. I am going to be stretched to about 17-18 weeks, into the 12th one now. Missing the holidays already. I've never looked so forward to the month of August until now. Also cos in the month of June and July, there's no public holiday at all. The next one is in August but that's already term break. Quite a punishing schedule. I think I've already set a personal record of sorts by not falling ill enough to warrant an mc in a span of 12 continous weeks. Just living each day at a time and looking forward to the weekend.

P.S: I did weigh myself and found weight went to 67.5kg... extra 0.5kg maybe from the 'better' food eaten... K time to monitor what I eat daily and also need to do extra exercise since kakis are heading to Malacca. So that meant most likely Friday adn Sat go to the gym. Then can rest on Sunday. That would make 3 times gym. After gym can just go home and hibernate to catch up on sleep. So not too bad I guess.

No comments: