Friday, June 25, 2010

Khaki-less weekend but TGIF!!!

Today the day started a bit sickeningly wet. The cold in the morning is threatening to trigger my problem again. I wrapped up in jacket while going about the morning routine and then drank cough mixture as a precaution. Today got to dabao in cos of some event during lunch. Dunno if we could just walk out for lunch in plain view of everyone. Then the heavy rain, so it meant lucky dabao so no need to walk out to eat in the rain. But still a reduced lunch hour to 20mins really takes the only "fun" out of the workday. Think eating lunch outside of workplace is the part I look forward to mostly in a workday. Its the time away from work, the change of scenary, the 'time-out' that I value. Eating in, meant none of those. Next 2 weeks, I have to eat in at least 2 days. Must treasure the time-out.
___________________________________

Cos I was feeling a bit guilty that I still cant remember my own class's students' names so I brought the seating plan up with me to the class I was assisting. When the whole period, I had nothing to do but stand and walk around in class, I started looking at the names and mumbling to myself, trying to match faces to names. Cos for some students, I can remember surnames, some only the namess. To be fair, I shall memorise the surnames. Today with the same partner, so guess I am going to revise and memorise more. Hope to finish then and remember those names. That's all that I am going to do. I got extra 3 periods added into this week to make my week 20hrs of lessons instead of 17hrs due to swapping of periods here and there due to events. Lagi lugi... but at least I am not the main teacher again... So today is quite heavy at 5hrs so I am going to do anything else like prepare for next week's lesson until next monday or when I have gathered enough rest first.
___________________________________

Khakis going to Malacca for a break. For some, its to change the luck hopefully, for others, its the last few things to do before the new work term starts. I am still working until the end of July when the term break would finally start... Feel like I am in a marathon at times.

Can the stock market rally up more? Then lesser "stress" from reduced income. Incidentally income tax for last year of assessment came. I still got to pay income tax despite only working slightly more than 7 months and pro-rated into early August. That's about $190, cos still hit slightly past the $30k mark for last year's income. Still working on my $30k share market target.

At times this week, feel a bit more tired than usual from assignments. Was tempted to cancel but actually no reason to do so. Also its a certain commitment and obligation since I've agreed to it. So managed to survive through. Glad for some time to hibernate at home. My driving is not happening yet. Kept cancelling the driving lessons and havent booked the test. I still have about 6-7 lessons to go through before I can sit for the test. Its hard to drag myself out on Sunday, when the most I wanted to do is to sleep and stay at home, do something less taxing like slack or gym than driving. And also havent touched the guitar though I have been trying to go through the theory in my mind. Now doing changing key and doing it once you see the chords in the C key, auto find the correct chord in the E key... Err. If there's a guitar at workplace, can play during free time but dont want to draw too much attention to myself so not doing that. Tempted but no.

Guess I will feel slightly better when I go for gym later. Despite it all.

TGIF!!!

No comments: